J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
Meta’s Threads App Won’t Launch in EU on Regulatory Concerns
Meta’s Threads App Won’t Launch in EU on Regulatory Concerns
Meta Platforms Inc.’s Threads app — the social network rolling out this week to take on Twitter Inc.
2023-07-05 20:17
'SNL' staffers open up on why workplace is 'unsafe' for women after Horatio Sanz sexual assault scandal
'SNL' staffers open up on why workplace is 'unsafe' for women after Horatio Sanz sexual assault scandal
Multiple former female 'SNL' staffers from the early 2000s have described the work atmosphere as consistently uncomfortable and, at times, unsafe
2023-06-08 16:15
Oscar-winner Buffy Sainte-Marie faces accusation of being 'pretendian' as Indigenous lineage questioned
Oscar-winner Buffy Sainte-Marie faces accusation of being 'pretendian' as Indigenous lineage questioned
An in-depth CBC investigation and family members of the famous singer-songwriter dispute Sainte-Marie's assertions of Indigenous lineage
2023-11-16 17:19
Wyss Center Appoints Dr. Craig Cook as New Head of Business Development and Licensing
Wyss Center Appoints Dr. Craig Cook as New Head of Business Development and Licensing
GENEVA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 10, 2023--
2023-07-10 17:22
Official links deadly Indian train crash to signal system
Official links deadly Indian train crash to signal system
The cause of India's deadliest train disaster in decades was linked to the signal system, the railway minister said Sunday, as families scoured hospitals and morgues for missing relatives and...
2023-06-04 19:46
New video of ‘dead’ Russian Black Sea fleet commander raises doubts over Ukraine’s claim
New video of ‘dead’ Russian Black Sea fleet commander raises doubts over Ukraine’s claim
A top Russian naval officer who Ukraine claimed was killed in a missile strike has been seen in a new video released by Russia, sparking confusion among the war-hit country’s officials. Ukraine’s special forces on Monday had claimed Russian admiral Viktor Sokolov and 33 other officers were killed in a missile strike carried out on the Black Sea Fleet’s headquarters in Sevastopol in Crimea. The video released by Russia’s defence ministry on Tuesday, however, showed Black Sea Fleet commander Sokolov appearing on a video conference call with Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu. It remains unclear when the video was recorded. While it is not clear how Ukraine counted casualties in the Sevastopol operation, Anton Gerashchenko, an adviser to Ukraine’s minister of internal affairs, had earlier posted the admiral’s name and photo on social media. Ukraine now says it is working to “clarify” earlier reports. Russia has not issued any direct rebuttal of Ukraine’s claims, which is consistent with its stance of maintaining silence on significant battlefield losses. “As is known, 34 officers were killed as a result of a missile attack on the headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation. Available sources claim that among the dead was the commander of the Russian Army. Many still have not been identified due to the disparity of body fragments,” Ukraine’s special forces said on their official Telegram channel. “Since the Russians were urgently forced to publish an answer with an apparently alive Sokolov, our units are clarifying the information,” it said. The video from Tuesday showed defence minister Shoigu talking about a drill he claimed Russia’s Pacific fleet had completed a day earlier, as several top officers appeared on a big screen in the room. Admiral Sokolov is also seen in a video screen but in a different location, with only a flag seen in the backdrop behind him. He is also not heard speaking in the video. While this appears to be a signal from Moscow that the admiral is still alive, Russia has not released any details to prove when the video conference took place. In its earlier update on the Sevastopol strike, Ukraine’s special forces said the air force fired 12 missiles on the Black Sea Fleet headquarters as it targeted areas where personnel, military equipment and weapons were concentrated. Two anti-aircraft missile systems and four Russian artillery units were hit, special forces said. It was a rare direct claim of responsibility from Ukraine for an attack on either Russian soil or a target in Crimea, which Russia has occupied since its illegal annexation in 2014. Moscow-installed authorities in Sevastopol are reported to be taking extra defensive measures in the face of Ukraine’s increased attacks on Crimea in recent days. Sevastopol is a critical region providing a platform from which Russia has launched many of its air attacks on Ukraine in the 19-month-long war. Read More Russia remains silent as Ukraine claims Black Sea Fleet commander among 34 officers killed Putin’s Black Sea fleet commander ‘killed in navy attack’ as Ukraine breakthrough triggers ‘panic’ Russia’s Lavrov rubbishes Ukraine peace plan and warns conflict will be resolved on battlefield Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin planning new ‘assault units’ despite Moscow’s ‘mobilisation issues’
2023-09-27 14:54
'Cuter in real life': South Korea names its twin panda 'treasures'
'Cuter in real life': South Korea names its twin panda 'treasures'
South Korea got its first up-close look at its new pair of baby giant pandas Thursday at a name-revealing ceremony that doubled as an early celebration of...
2023-10-12 12:55
War is returning to Russia, Zelensky warns, as Moscow rocked by drone attacks
War is returning to Russia, Zelensky warns, as Moscow rocked by drone attacks
War is returning to Russia, Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelensky has warned, after early-morning drone attacks hit Moscow on Sunday. Although Ukraine has not claimed responsibility for the strikes, Mr Zelensky said such attacks were an inevitable and fair process of the war between the nations. Earlier on Sunday, Russia blamed Ukraine for what it called an “attempted terrorist attack by the Kyiv regime” and said three drones had targetted the capital. Its defence ministry said two buildings were damaged in the Moskva-Citi business district after being brought down using electronic jamming equipment, while another was shot down over the Odintsovo area. One of the residential buildings damaged was home to three government ministries, local media reported. Vnukovo airport on the southern outskirts of the capital was forced to temporarily close due to the attacks, according to Russia’s state news agency. Nobody was hurt, Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin said. It is the fourth attempt at a strike on the capital region this month and the third this week, fuelling concerns about Moscow’s vulnerability to attacks as Russia’s war in Ukraine drags on into its 18th month. President Vladimir Putin was briefed on the attempted attacks, his spokesperson said. He was in his home town of St Petersburg for meetings with African leaders and a naval celebration at the time. “On the morning of 30th July, an attempted terrorist attack by the Kyiv regime using unmanned aerial vehicles against targets in the city of Moscow was foiled,” Russia’s defence ministry said in a statement. In a video address from the western Ukrainian city of Ivano-Frankivsk, Mr Zelensky said that Ukraine was getting stronger. “Today is the 522nd day of the so-called ‘Special Military Operation’, which the Russian leadership thought would last a couple of weeks,” he said. “Gradually, the war is returning to the territory of Russia – to its symbolic centres and military bases, and this is an inevitable, natural and absolutely fair process.” A Ukrainian airforce spokesperson did not claim responsibility for the attacks but said the Russian people were seeing the consequences of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. “All of the people who think the war ‘doesn’t concern them’ – it’s already touching them,” Yurii Ihnat told journalists. “There’s already a certain mood in Russia: that something is flying in, and loudly,” he said. “There’s no discussion of peace or calm in the Russian interior any more. They got what they wanted.” Mr Ihnat also referenced an attempted drone attack in Crimea early on Sunday – the Ukrainian territory occupied and illegally annexed by Russia in 2014. Russia’s defence ministry said it had shot down 16 Ukrainian drones and neutralised eight others through electronic jamming. No injuries or damage were reported. Mr Zelensky has vowed to take back all land Russian forces have occupied, including Crimea, and his efforts have been strengthened by the receipt and deployment of increasingly advanced Western weapons. It comes after a ramping up of Ukraine’s counteroffensive in recent weeks, with the head of Ukraine’s intelligence directorate telling Ukrainian news site TSN on Saturday that Kyiv’s forces were set to enter Crimea “soon”. In Ukraine, the airforce claimed it had destroyed four Russian drones above the Kherson and Dnipropetrovsk regions. Meanwhile, a Russian missile strike late on Saturday killed two people and wounded 20 in the city of Sumy in northeast Ukraine. The Ukrainian Interior Ministry said a four-storey college building was hit, with local authorities saying accommodation and teaching buildings were damaged in the blast and fire that followed. Read More Ukraine war – live: Putin blames Kyiv for early morning drone attacks on Moscow Volodymyr Zelensky takes selfies with soldiers during Bakhmut visit Ukraine’s newest attack on Russia? Moving Christmas Putin thanks North Korea for ‘unwavering support’ for Ukraine war The Body in the Woods | An Independent TV Original Documentary The harrowing discovery at centre of The Independent’s new documentary
2023-07-31 06:18
Simulation suggests 2020 census missed many noncitizens
Simulation suggests 2020 census missed many noncitizens
A number of noncitizens appear to have been missed in the 2020 census
2023-05-09 04:54
Trump sparks speculation by ranting about ‘charges against me’ in Georgia
Trump sparks speculation by ranting about ‘charges against me’ in Georgia
Donald Trump set off speculation that he expects to be criminally charged in an election tampering probe in Georgia, ranting on social media about “all charges against me” in the high-profile case. That’s even though no such charges have been formally announced. On Friday, Mr Trump posted on Truth Social that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis will be “dropping all charges against me for lack of a case.” The former president has been under investigation in the Georgia county since February 2021, after he was recorded pressuring top Georgia officials to “find” him enough votes to win the 2020 election. In his post on Friday, Mr Trump defended the 2 January, 2021, call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, as “perfectly legal” “I made a PERFECTLY LEGAL PHONE CALL, AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, ABOUT AN ELECTION THAT I STRONGLY FEEL WAS RIGGED AND STOLLEN,” Mr Trump wrote. “NONE of the MANY LAWYERS on the call minded my words, or even hinted at wrongdoing.” The comments made some speculate Mr Trump had already been charged in Fulton County, or had word he would be charged soon. “This makes me think that he, or his lawyers, were told something,” commentator Ron Filipkowski wrote on Twitter. “Maybe not, but this seems rather random for him to make this prediction today.” The Independent has contacted Donald Trump and the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office for comment. A charging decision in the Georgia investigation is expected soon. Ms Willis has signaled a decision could be announced in early August. Emily Kohrs, the foreperson of the grand jury considering evidence against Mr Trump, has hinted that he will be charged. “You’re not going to be shocked. It’s not rocket science,” Emily Kohrs told the New York Times in January, when the grand jury concluded its work. “You won’t be too surprised.” The speculation over Mr Trump’s fate comes as a former top Trump campaign official has agreed to potential testimony in the federal special counsel investigation into the former president’s alleged election meddling. Michael Roman, the 2020 Trump campaign’s director of Election Day operations, has reportedly reached a proffer agreement with the Justice Department, according to CNN. Read More Jan. 6 suspect arrested near Obama's Washington home had guns, machete in his van, feds say Fox reaches $12m settlement with former producer who sued company over ‘toxic’ workplace DeSantis hits back at Trump disloyalty claim: ‘Politicians have to earn support’ Gubernatorial nominee's plans to attend rally spark Republican infighting in Kentucky Jan. 6 suspect arrested near Obama's Washington home had guns, machete in his van, feds say Jill Biden hosts military chefs crowned 'Chopped' champs for guest stint in White House Navy Mess
2023-07-01 09:24
Oil Rises After Industry Report Points to Massive Inventory Draw
Oil Rises After Industry Report Points to Massive Inventory Draw
Oil resumed a rally after an industry estimate pointed to a huge drawdown in US inventories, adding to
2023-08-02 11:48
Who was Paul Bertonazzi? Family seeks answers after man's death with severed spine in Johns Hopkins psychiatric unit
Who was Paul Bertonazzi? Family seeks answers after man's death with severed spine in Johns Hopkins psychiatric unit
Paul Bertonazzi, a 63-year-old man was found dead in the psychiatric ward of Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland
2023-11-07 18:51