J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
Exclusive-PMI hires U.S. lobbyists as key IQOS launch nears
Exclusive-PMI hires U.S. lobbyists as key IQOS launch nears
By Emma Rumney LONDON Philip Morris International has registered new lobbyists in at least 19 U.S. states this
2023-09-28 03:59
Ukraine repels Russian attacks on five fronts as Putin resorts to old weaponry and reserves
Ukraine repels Russian attacks on five fronts as Putin resorts to old weaponry and reserves
Ukrainian forces beat attacks on five points across the war frontline on Sunday as Russia’s troops resorted to using old weapons and equipment while shelling the frontline, military officials said in the latest update from the battlefield. At least two people were killed and a dozen more injured in Russia’s shelling of the southern Kherson region. The attacks were repelled in five areas of the eastern front – Kupiansk, Bakhmut, Lyman, Avdiivka, and Marinka – along the 1,000km-long (600mile) front, the general staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine said in its evening report. A total of 33 skirmishes were recorded during the day by Ukraine, the battlefield update added. Russian forces also mounted six air attacks and 20 strikes from multiple-launch rocket systems (MLRS), inflicting casualties among military personnel and the civilian population, the general staff said, calling the situation difficult. Russia has scaled up its presence in the eastern hotspot of the conflict and deployed its reserves north of Bakhmut to stop Ukraine’s advancing counteroffensive in Donetsk oblast, the spokesperson for the Eastern Group of Forces Illia Yevlash said on Saturday. He confirmed a total of 774 Russian strikes on the Kupiansk and Lyman direction which had seen intense fighting in the past week. The eastern and southern parts of Ukraine have seen the majority of Russia’s offensive in the continuing invasion since February and have now become the two key theatres of Kyiv’s counteroffensive. In southern Ukraine, troops have been repelling Russian forces in an inch-by-inch fight by capturing clusters of villages as they pushed toward the Sea of Azov to cut Vladimir Putin’s access to a land bridge created by Russian forces controlling the areas of south and east. Russian troops have now started using older weaponry – howitzers and cannons – in an evidence that Ukrainian forces had been successful in knocking out enemy equipment, spokesperson for troops in the south Oleksandr Shtupun told national television. "Sadly, the Russians have plenty of equipment," he said. Top military officials said Russia was continuing to mass its reserves. "Our troops are performing their assignments with the aim of proceeding with our advance,” general Oleksandr Syrskyi, head of Ukraine’s ground forces, said. He had met troops and commanders engaged in offensive operations near Bakhmut which was taken by Russian forces in May after months of battles. Read More Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin inflicts ‘terrible’ shelling as Kyiv warn of record drone attacks Days after deadly missile strike on Ukrainian cafe, grief and a search for answers ‘You can still smell the blood’: Inside the village where more than 50 were killed by a Russian missile Footage from inside Kharkiv apartment captures aftermath of deadly strike What are Russia’s Iskander missiles? The weapon which killed 52 following funeral near Kharkiv
2023-10-09 13:24
Kyle Busch internalizes his driving style as he faces elimination from NASCAR playoffs
Kyle Busch internalizes his driving style as he faces elimination from NASCAR playoffs
Another crash has Kyle Busch last in the playoff standings and in danger of elimination Sunday on The Roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway
2023-10-08 02:56
Why has Elizabeth Holmes' jail term been reduced by two years? Theranos CEO granted reprieve on restitution payments
Why has Elizabeth Holmes' jail term been reduced by two years? Theranos CEO granted reprieve on restitution payments
Elizabeth Holmes was once valued at $4.5B by Forbes but her net worth has since plummeted to zero
2023-07-11 18:19
Qatar's PM hopes for breakthrough on hostages' release 'soon'
Qatar's PM hopes for breakthrough on hostages' release 'soon'
DOHA Qatar's prime minister said on Wednesday there was some progress on hostage negotiations after Palestinian militant group
2023-10-25 18:17
Hurricane Idalia: 'Life-threatening' flooding as storm batters Florida
Hurricane Idalia: 'Life-threatening' flooding as storm batters Florida
The storm leaves roads and towns along Florida's 'nature coast' inundated with knee-deep floodwaters.
2023-08-31 01:15
'This is precious': Internet lauds Luis Ruelas after 'RHONJ' star shares glimpse of outing with autistic son Nicholas
'This is precious': Internet lauds Luis Ruelas after 'RHONJ' star shares glimpse of outing with autistic son Nicholas
'RHONJ' star Luis Ruelas took to his social media to share a video of Nicholas enjoying an 'awesome day' at the mall
2023-09-11 14:51
READ: Trump indictment in 2020 election and Jan. 6 probe
READ: Trump indictment in 2020 election and Jan. 6 probe
A federal grand jury has indicted former President Donald Trump in special counsel Jack Smith's investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election leading up to the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.
2023-08-02 05:53
Phillies' Nola loses no-hit bid on homer in 7th against Tigers
Phillies' Nola loses no-hit bid on homer in 7th against Tigers
Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Aaron Nola lost his no-hit bid against the Detroit Tigers on Nick Maton’s three-run homer into the second deck with two outs in the seventh inning on Monday night
2023-06-06 08:49
Suspect in Natalee Holloway case to plead guilty to extorting Holloway's mother
Suspect in Natalee Holloway case to plead guilty to extorting Holloway's mother
Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch man suspected in the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, is
2023-10-18 20:52
Diverging narratives emerge after trawler with hundreds of migrants sinks in the Mediterranean
Diverging narratives emerge after trawler with hundreds of migrants sinks in the Mediterranean
There are still more questions than answers about what led up to one of the worst shipwrecks in recent Mediterranean history, in which some 500 people are feared dead
2023-06-17 15:53
Who is Joseph Jorgenson? Minnesota man accused of killing girlfriend linked to disappearance of another woman
Who is Joseph Jorgenson? Minnesota man accused of killing girlfriend linked to disappearance of another woman
The Saint Paul Police Department noted that Fanta Xayavong was last seen with Joseph Jorgenson in July 2021 promptly before her disappearance
2023-07-03 16:49