J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
Search on for remaining 'dangerous' escapee after 4 break out of Colorado jail
Search on for remaining 'dangerous' escapee after 4 break out of Colorado jail
Police are looking for one "dangerous" man who remains on the loose after four inmates escaped from a Colorado jail, the Bent County Sheriff's Office said.
2023-07-26 20:24
Bebe Rexha is 'sick' of people calling her fat, says 'you don’t know what people are going through'
Bebe Rexha is 'sick' of people calling her fat, says 'you don’t know what people are going through'
Bebe Rexha is upset after a phone-throwing incident on stage that resulted in three stitches and a massive black eye
2023-06-24 03:45
Billy Connolly says reports of his ‘demise have been greatly exaggerated’
Billy Connolly says reports of his ‘demise have been greatly exaggerated’
Billy Connolly mocks misguided reports of his “demise” in an extract from his new autobiography. The Scottish actor and retired stand-up comedian, nicknamed “The Big Yin”, was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2013. Parkinson’s is a brain disorder that causes unintended or uncontrollable movements, such as shaking, stiffness, and difficulty with balance and coordination. Often, the disease can become more severe over time. During an interview published in September, it was revealed that Connolly had suffered “a couple of serious falls” and once broke his hip as a result of deteriorating balance. He also expressed having difficulties with walking. Despite these growing physical challenges, the What We Did on Our Holiday star clearly maintains a positive outlook about his health. In his new memoir, Rambling Man: Life on the Road, Connolly clarifies that he doesn’t feel “close to death”. “You see, reports of my recent demise have been greatly exaggerated,” he states in an extract shared with The Telegraph. “There was a week a few years ago where on Monday I got hearing aids, Tuesday I got pills for heartburn, and Wednesday I received news that I had prostate cancer and Parkinson’s disease. But despite all that, I never ever felt close to dying.” Connolly also writes about his feelings of comfort when in a cemetery, and how he reliably makes an effort to attend funerals. He recalls his manager being bewildered by his commitment, telling him: “Billy – even if you haven’t seen someone for 25 years and they die in another country you’ll jump on a plane.” “I just like to see people off,” the comic explains. “It’s important to me. Boys from school. Apprentices from the Clyde. Welders. It’s a bit like a school reunion. Seeing all the people from that place and time – that world I was once part of.” Five years after his diagnosis, Connolly retired from his stand-up career due to the increasing difficulties of the illness, and has previously offered insight into the realities of living with Parkinson’s. Though he said he does not feel close to dying yet, he has spoken with his wife, psychologist Pamela Stephenson Connolly, about the message he’d like on his gravestone when the time comes. He wrote: “I was thinking I’d like: ‘Jesus Christ, is that the time already?’ on mine, but my wife Pamela was shaky about it, so we settled on ‘You’re standing on my balls!’ in tiny wee writing.” Rambling Man: Life on the Road is out now. Read More Billy Connolly says ‘cruel’ Parkinson’s disease has made it difficult to walk Sir Billy Connolly unveils four new drawings for sale Prince William reveals he can’t handle overly spicy food or he’ll ‘start sweating’ Billy Connolly says ‘cruel’ Parkinson’s disease has made it difficult to walk How to get rid of bedbugs: Signs and symptoms amid threat of UK invasion Dawn O’Porter: ‘I fantasise about the other side of menopause’
2023-10-12 17:53
'Every minute matters': Ashley Graham recalls 'crying' over flight delay that hampered her time with children
'Every minute matters': Ashley Graham recalls 'crying' over flight delay that hampered her time with children
Ashley Graham revealed that she had planned to attend the US Open Women’s Singles trophy in New York City, but decided to stay home with her children
2023-09-12 09:46
Jared Leto's dating history: Actor-musician has a long list of celebrity exes
Jared Leto's dating history: Actor-musician has a long list of celebrity exes
Jared Leto, described by his ex-girlfriend Scarlett Johansson as 'forever unavailable,' has had several high profile romances in the past
2023-11-20 16:55
Who is Kentia Monique Fearn? Driver who fled after vet student Mia Kanu jumped and died from moving jeep arrested
Who is Kentia Monique Fearn? Driver who fled after vet student Mia Kanu jumped and died from moving jeep arrested
'The law requires anyone involved in an accident to stop and immediately report the accident to authorities,' said Prosecutor Karen McDonald
2023-09-22 01:18
Ryan Gosling reveals what he will miss about Ken and says he's 'not good' at playing Barbies
Ryan Gosling reveals what he will miss about Ken and says he's 'not good' at playing Barbies
'I'm not sure how to be good at it. Like Ken, I'm not sure exactly what my place is in the game,' Ryan Gosling said
2023-07-11 04:56
Kenya court strikes out key clauses of a finance law as economic woes deepen from rising public debt
Kenya court strikes out key clauses of a finance law as economic woes deepen from rising public debt
The Kenyan High Court has struck out key clauses of a contentious finance law that has been blamed for significantly raising taxes and the cost of living in East Africa’s largest economy
2023-11-28 19:21
Georgia says Trump charges posted on court website were ‘fictitious’ as ex-president blasts ‘disgraceful leak’
Georgia says Trump charges posted on court website were ‘fictitious’ as ex-president blasts ‘disgraceful leak’
There was plenty of confusion regarding possible charges against former President Donald Trump in the Georgia election interference case. Reuters reported on Monday that a document outlining the charges against Mr Trump had been posted and then removed from the Fulton County website. Mr Trump then used the document to ask for donations from his supporters, arguing that he was being denied due process. The Office of the Fulton County Clerk of Superior and Magistrate Courts then issued a statement on Monday afternoon saying that a “fictitious” document had been shared online. The office said they had “learned of a fictitious document that has been circulated online and reported by various media outlets related to The Fulton County Special Purpose Grand Jury”. “While there have been no documents filed today regarding such, all members of the media should be reminded that documents that do not bear an official case number, filing date, and the name of The Clerk of Courts, in concert, are not considered official filings and should not be treated as such,” the court said. They added that “Media members can expect to be notified of any/all filings in real-time and will be provided access to filings via equitable communication”. “As the official custodian of various county records, the Clerk of Courts understands the sensitivity of all court filings, especially those that are at the forefront of the national spotlight and remains committed to operating with an extreme level of efficiency, accuracy, and transparency,” the court said. A spokesperson for the District Attorney’s office told Reuters earlier that the news agency’s report “that those charges were filed is inaccurate. Beyond that we cannot comment”. Mr Trump ranted and raved about what he claimed was “accidentally filed” charges against him in an email to supporters asking for money amidst his ever-mounting legal woes. In an email to supporters, Mr Trump appeared to have an opposite version of events to the court, saying: “As reported by Reuters, the Fulton County District Attorney just accidentally filed CHARGES against me in the Georgia Witch Hunt – and then DELETED them from the court website!” “These charges were filed BEFORE the Grand Jury officially voted,” he claimed despite the statement from the court. “But don’t worry – even though they deleted the evidence, we still have a RECORD! “The Grand Jury testimony has not even FINISHED – but it’s clear the District Attorney has already decided how this case will end. They are trying to rob me of my right to due process,” Mr Trump added. “This is an absolute DISGRACE. These rabid left-wing prosecutors don’t care about uncovering the truth. They don’t care about administering justice or upholding the rule of law,” the former president said. “They want me BEHIND BARS for the rest of my life as an innocent man and will do anything in their power to get their way. I still cannot believe that this is happening in the United States of America,” Mr Trump wrote to supporters. “Our country is being run into the ground by the most incompetent and corrupt people in history. We MUST Save America – and 2024 truly is our final chance,” he claimed. “America needs YOU more than ever before,” the president said in the email before asking for donations. “Please make a contribution to show that you will NEVER SURRENDER our country to tyranny as the Deep State thugs try to JAIL me for life.” Trump Attorneys Drew Findling and Jennifer Little said in a statement that “the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office has once again shown that they have no respect for the integrity of the grand jury process. “This was not a simple administrative mistake. A proposed indictment should only be in the hands of the District Attorney’s Office, yet it somehow made its way to the clerk’s office and was assigned a case number and a judge before the grand jury even deliberated. “This is emblematic of the pervasive and glaring constitutional violations which have plagued this case from its very inception.” Read More Possible Trump Georgia indictment set to be televised, judge rules Karen Pence says she ‘never felt afraid’ on January 6 despite ‘hang Mike Pence’ chants Trump accused of ‘witness tampering in real time’ in Georgia election case ahead of expected indictment
2023-08-15 05:19
Man attacked by grizzly bear in Montana to return home after losing his lower jaw, says he's ready for 'round 2'
Man attacked by grizzly bear in Montana to return home after losing his lower jaw, says he's ready for 'round 2'
The family of Rudy Noorlander, a man who lost a part of his jaw during a grizzly bear attack in Montana, says they're hoping he can soon return home from a Utah hospital.
2023-10-15 07:17
Drone attacks inside Putin’s Russia will only increase, says senior Ukraine official
Drone attacks inside Putin’s Russia will only increase, says senior Ukraine official
Drone strikes on Russian soil are only set to increase as Ukraine brings Moscow's invasion home, a senior Kyiv official has said. Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky said that it has increased strikes on Russian-occupied areas and would also ramp up attacks within Russia itself. Kyiv does not generally directly claim attacks outside of Ukraine, with Mr Podolyak saying such strikes would be carried out by "agents" or "partisans". "As for Russia... there is an increasing number of attacks by unidentified drones launched from the territory of the Russian Federation, and the number of these attacks will increase," Mr Podolyak told Reuters. "This is the stage of the war when hostilities are gradually being transferred to the territory of the Russian Federation". Drone attacks on Russia have increased sharply recently, with the largest such strikes hitting six regions on one night this week. That assault included two Russian military transport planes being destroyed – and two more damaged – at an airbase in the city of Pskov. Ukraine's military intelligence chief, Kyrylo Budanov, said that the drones were launched from inside Russia. However, in speaking to the War Zone website, Mr Budanov did not say whether the attack – about 400 miles (700 kilometres) from the Ukraine border – was carried out by Ukrainian or Russian operatives. "We are working from the territory of Russia," he said. President Zelensky had suggested earlier this week that a new long-range Ukrainian weapon had hit a target 700 kilometres away, without saying what the weapon was or where it struck. The drone strikes continued into Thursday, with attacks on three regions. Russia's Defence Ministry also claimed to have destroyed a total of 281 Ukrainian drones over the past week, including 29 over the western regions of Russia – indicating the scale of the role drones are now playing in the 18-month war. On the ground in Ukraine, where Kyiv is trying to break through Russian lines in a counteroffensive that started in June, The US said on Thursday that it has seen solid progress by Ukrainian forces in the southern Zaporizhzhia region in the last 72 hours. "We have noted over the last 72 hours or so some notable progress by Ukrainian armed forces ...in that southern line of advance coming out of the Zaporizhzhia area, and they have achieved some success against that second line of Russian defenses," White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said. "That is not to say... that they aren't mindful that they've still got some tough fighting ahead of them as they try to push further south" or that Russia could launch a counter effort, he added. Mr Podolyak said Kyiv's forces were continuing to advance and hoped that Western military aid would continue to come in the months ahead. He added that he believed allies, who have poured in billions of pounds of weaponry, understood that there could be no kind of "compromise" with Moscow. "At the moment, the partners understand that this war will no longer end in a compromise solution - that is, either we destroy Russia's capabilities by military means, and to do this we need the appropriate tools, or this war with such level of aggression will continue for some time." The Kremlin will not like the pressure Kyiv is exerting with its drones strikes. That may have been behind the state-run RIA news agency quoting the head of Russia's space agency Roscosmos as sayng that the country's Sarmat intercontinental ballistic missiles, which are capable of carrying ten or more nuclear warheads, had been put on combat duty. Mr Kirby said that the White House was not in a position to confirm the reports. In June, Vladimir Putin said that Sarmat missiles would be deployed for combat duty "soon". The Russian president has constantly sought to talk up the advanced nature of the missiles in recent years. Reuters and Associated Press contributed to this report Read More The ‘Vampire’ rocket system helping Ukraine shoot down Russia’s kamikaze drones Ukraine-Russia – live: Putin puts ‘Satan II’ nuclear missile ‘on combat duty’ as Kyiv launches drone strikes Ukraine launches ‘massive’ drone strikes on six regions of Russia – destroying war planes The Body in the Woods | An Independent TV Original Documentary The harrowing discovery at centre of The Independent’s new documentary
2023-09-02 01:25
Uganda confirms casualties among country's soldiers in Somali attack
Uganda confirms casualties among country's soldiers in Somali attack
KAMPALA Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni said late on Saturday there had been casualties during an attack by Somalia's
2023-05-28 17:20