
Danelo Cavalcante update: Killer changes appearance as escaped convict is spotted again
The manhunt for convicted killer Danelo Cavalcante continues, with details beginning to emerge about how he managed to escape from Chester County Prison in Pennsylvania. Cavalcante, 34, was spotted twice in the search area near the prison on Friday, according to police. He was seen again late on Saturday. The convict escaped from the facility days after he was sentenced to life without parole for stabbing his ex-girlfriend Deborah Brandao, 33, to death. He is also wanted for a 2017 murder in Brazil. Video of the escape shows Cavalcante crawling up a wall at the prison. He then pushed through razor wire and gained access to the roof before jumping down and fleeing the facility. A tower officer tasked with observing the site failed to report the incident and Cavalcante’s escape was only noticed during a head count. The prison officer was fired on Thursday, a source told CNN. “We can confirm that the corrections officer on duty when Danelo Cavalcante escaped was terminated yesterday afternoon,” the source said in a statement. “He was an 18-year veteran of the prison.” Read More Police say Danelo Cavalcante has changed his appearance as escaped killer is spotted again Danelo Cavalcante killed his girlfriend in front of her children. Now he’s on the run after a prison break How did Danelo Cavalcante manage to slip past Pennsylvania authorities twice?
2023-09-11 19:54

Trump news – live: Trump speechless as he’s called out for drug execution hypocrisy in Fox interview
Donald Trump was left speechless during his latest interview with Fox News journalist Bret Baier when the host pointed out that, had Mr Trump’s proposed policy of executing convicted drug dealers been active during his presidency, among its victims would have been Alice Johnson, a woman to whom Mr Trump granted clemency after being persuaded to do so by a campaign led by Kim Kardashian protesting her innocence. “No, no. No. Under my pl.... Under that? UHHHHHHHHHHH...” Mr Trump flubbed, subsequently accusing the host of being “hostile” to him. Meanwhile, a new CNN poll has recorded a six point drop in support for the former president among conservatives, his approval rating down from 53 per cent in mid-May to 47 per cent in mid-June in the wake of his 37 criminal count federal indictment over the classified documents scandal. All of which follows Trump-appointed Judge Aileen Cannon moving on Tuesday to set a trial date of 14 August 2023 to hear that case in Fort Pierce, Florida. A federal grand jury indicted Mr Trump for allegedly willfully mishandling classified documents, obstruction of justice and making false statements, to which he pleaded not guilty at his Miami arraignment last week. Read More Trump drops below 50 per cent among GOP voters in new CNN poll following second indictment Fox News’s Bret Baier hits back at Trump conspiracy theorist after ex-president appears to incriminate himself in interview Attorneys spar in case of ex-Trump adviser who devised strategy to keep former president in power Trump claimed the Durham report would uncover the ‘crime of the century.’ Here’s what it really found
2023-06-22 12:57

Another Trump indictment looms as grand jury hears election case
Prosecutors investigating Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election in the US state of Georgia were expected to begin presenting evidence to a grand jury Monday for what...
2023-08-14 22:51

Tiffany Haddish charged with DUI after arrest in Beverly Hills
Police say Tiffany Haddish has been arrested and charged with driving under the influence
2023-11-25 04:22

Tibet profile
Provides an overview of Tibet, including key dates and facts about this autonomous region of China.
2023-08-25 23:57

Hendrick Motorsports took a gamble on William Byron. Now he'll try to win his 1st Cup title
Rick Hendrick first met William Byron as a local Charlotte teenager, fan of Hendrick Motorsports and budding NASCAR driver
2023-11-01 02:17

Swedish Fund Alecta Faces Prosecutor Probe on Property Stake
Pressure is again mounting on the Swedish pension group embroiled in the Silicon Valley Bank fallout this spring
2023-11-23 22:53

Biden admin has been discussing possible executive action on affirmative action - source
WASHINGTON President Joe Biden's administration has in recent weeks been discussing possible executive actions he could take in
2023-06-30 00:24

AP photos of Kashmir's mental health clinics show the invisible scars of decades of conflict
For over three decades, Kashmiris have been living through multiple crises
2023-09-02 13:00

Pence ‘doesn’t believe’ racial inequality exists in schools as he celebrates SCOTUS affirmative action ban
Mike Pence cheered the end of affirmative action in US colleges and universities on Sunday in the wake of the Supreme Court’s ruling outlawing the practice. The former vice president discussed the issue on CBS’s Face the Nation and said that the time for policies aimed at improving outcomes for minority students in general had passed. A candidate for the presidency in 2024, Mr Pence is gunning for the GOP nomination against his own former boss, Donald Trump, and other conservatives like Florida Gov Ron DeSantis and former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley. His comments came as activists and authorities in the higher education field vowed to keep fighting to ensure that diversity would remain a core value in student recruiting. “Fundamentally, do you believe that there are racial inequities in the education system in the United States?” asked host Margaret Brennan. “I really don’t believe there is [racial inequality in US schools]. I believe there was,” Mr Pence said. “I mean, it’s — there may have been a time when affirmative action was necessary simply to open the doors of all of our schools and universities, but I think that time has passed.” His response drew immediate backlash on Twitter, with many questioning whether Mr Pence’s children had attended schools and colleges with diverse student bodies. The three Pence children, Michael, Charlotte and Audrey, attended Purdue, DePaul, and Yale Universities. The Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that universities and colleges may not consider race as a specific factor when choosing to admit individual students. They may, however, continue to take into account how race plays into the individual experiences that those prospective students describe in their applications, such as in personal essay prompts. “[T]he student must be treated based on his or her experiences as an individual—not on the basis of race,” wrote Chief Justice John Roberts for the majority. The suit was brought on behalf of a group of Asian American students who argued that they were discriminated against by admissions staff at Harvard University. Critics of the ruling say it will gut efforts to improve representation of minority students in college classes. College enrollment rates remain noticeably lower among Black and Hispanic students compared to white and Asian American students. In addition, an analysis of US education data has shown that about 40 per cent of Black children attend schools where 90 per cent or more of the students are nonwhite. President Joe Biden responded to the ruling on Thursday after news of the decision broke, telling reporters simply: “This is not a normal court.” Read More Biden reveals ‘new path’ to student debt relief after Supreme Court strikes down president’s plan The Supreme Court risks inflaming the prejudices that America sought to banish In 370 days, Supreme Court conservatives dash decades of abortion and affirmative action precedents Mike Pence claims Biden is rehabilitating the Iran nuclear deal Trump returns to campaign rallies, draws thousands to small South Carolina city ahead of July 4 Biden blames GOP for student loan ruling as 2024 political consequences loom
2023-07-03 05:21

Parque Arauco announces development of a new shopping center in Peru
SANTIAGO, Chile--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 24, 2023--
2023-05-24 23:29

Wells Fargo to pay $1 bn to settle shareholder class action
US bank Wells Fargo has agreed to pay $1 billion to settle a class action lawsuit by shareholders who accused it of not having changed its management and practices quickly...
2023-05-16 14:52
You Might Like...

Who is Juliana Peres Magalhaes? Au pair faces charges in baffling Virginia double homicide case

Iceland evacuates town and raises aviation alert as concerns rise that a volcano may erupt

What is PLANET T? Andrew Tate's Hustler's University to have 'everything Earth is missing' using AI, fans ask 'You’re building a metaverse?'

Investigation launched after death of Navy Seal candidate prompts overhaul of how 'Hell Week' training course is monitored

'Here's to forever': 'The Challenge' star Kyle Christie gets engaged to longtime partner Vicky Turner

Pasoori: Bollywood remake of hit Pakistani song divides Indians

Belarus leader Lukashenko says Prigozhin is back in Russia

Pastor Daniel: Claims that a Christian preacher has the power to tame lions are false