J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
Colombian drug lord 'Otoniel' sentenced to 45 years in prison by US court
Colombian drug lord 'Otoniel' sentenced to 45 years in prison by US court
Notorious Colombian drug lord Dairo Antonio Úsuga David, also known as "Otoniel," was sentenced to 45 years in prison Tuesday "for engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise as a leader of the multibillion-dollar paramilitary and drug trafficking organization known as the Clan del Golfo, federal prosecutors announced.
2023-08-09 08:20
Days from shutdown, US budget talks threaten Ukraine aid
Days from shutdown, US budget talks threaten Ukraine aid
The US Congress was running out of time Tuesday to avoid a partial government shutdown forced by hard-right Republicans, throwing into doubt White House plans to provide another $24...
2023-09-27 00:51
Switzerland's glaciers lose 'mind-blowing' 10% of their volume in just two years
Switzerland's glaciers lose 'mind-blowing' 10% of their volume in just two years
Glaciers in Switzerland are shrinking at a "mind-blowing" rate. A total of 10% of their ice volume has disappeared over a period of just two years as a combination of low snowfall and soaring temperatures cause unprecedented melting, according to figures released Thursday.
2023-09-28 18:54
Singapore Puts Transport Minister on Leave Amid Graft Probe
Singapore Puts Transport Minister on Leave Amid Graft Probe
Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said he instructed Transport Minister S. Iswaran to go on leave as
2023-07-12 11:18
Putin is not planning to attend the funeral for Wagner chief Prigozhin, the Kremlin says
Putin is not planning to attend the funeral for Wagner chief Prigozhin, the Kremlin says
The Kremlin says Russian President Vladimir Putin isn’t planning to attend the funeral of Yevgeny Prigozhin, who died last week in a plane crash two months after launching his brief rebellion
2023-08-29 19:28
'You got me’: Robert De Niro admits in court he asked his ex-assistant to scratch his back twice
'You got me’: Robert De Niro admits in court he asked his ex-assistant to scratch his back twice
Chase Robinson has accused Robert De Niro of his misogynist behavior, unwanted touching, and abusive language
2023-11-01 08:56
Israeli troops deepen search at main Gaza hospital for evidence of Hamas
Israeli troops deepen search at main Gaza hospital for evidence of Hamas
By Nidal al-Mughrabi and Emily Rose GAZA/JERUSALEM Israel said its forces were operating in and around Gaza's biggest
2023-11-16 07:22
Biden emails sought by GOP were sent during planning for anniversary of Beau Biden’s death
Biden emails sought by GOP were sent during planning for anniversary of Beau Biden’s death
An Obama-era White House email transmitting then-vice president Joe Biden’s schedule to his son, Hunter Biden, was sent during planning for a Biden family gathering to mark the one-year anniversary of Beau Biden’s death, The Independent has learned. The communications between an aide for the then-vice president and his youngest and sole surviving son are part of a House Oversight Committee request for Obama-era records sent to the National Archives. The oversight committee chairman, Representative James Comer, said in a letter to the archives released on Thursday that it was “concerning” to the Republican-led panel that Hunter Biden was a recipient of a 26 May 2016 email showing that the then-vice president was scheduled to speak with then-Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko the next day. Republicans have spent the last several years insinuating — without evidence — that then-vice president Biden abused his authority to help Hunter Biden’s business interests. One long-running but oft-disproven allegation states that Mr Biden ordered the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor to disrupt an investigation into a Ukrainian energy firm that employed his son on its board. In reality, the decision to push for the prosecutor’s sacking was official US policy driven by the prosecutor’s failure to pursue corruption cases, and it was supported by the EU, the IMF, World Bank and other stakeholders. In his letter to the Archives, Mr Comer has asked for unredacted copies of four emails that had been released in redacted form pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act request. The Independent reviewed copies of the emails that have been publicly available on a website hosting the contents of a hard drive purportedly abandoned by Hunter Biden at a Delaware computer shop. According to the redacted versions of the emails, certain information was blocked out because it contained personal information about the then-vice president’s schedule. But the unredacted versions purportedly from Hunter Biden’s computer show that following the call with Mr Poroshenko, the then-vice president returned home to Delaware. The day of the call — and Mr Biden’s trip home — was 27 May 2016, nearly one year to the day since Mr Biden’s eldest son, then-Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, passed away after a long battle with brain cancer. Mr Biden’s public schedule from those days is available on archives of the Obama White House website, and they reveal that he had no public events for the period of 28 May 2016 to 30 May 2016. But another email from the purported Hunter Biden laptop, dated 30 May 2016, shows that the then-vice president’s staff coordinated movements of 23 Biden family members to and from a private memorial gathering that day, the exact anniversary of Beau Biden’s death. Hunter Biden, who was not present for the gathering, wrote in his recent memoir Beautiful Things that he spent that weekend in Monte Carlo for a meeting of Burisma’s board. But the younger Biden’s children — the then-vice president’s grandchildren — were listed as attending the gathering, which would have provided a reason for Hunter Biden to be kept aware of his father’s schedule. The day after the gathering, 31 May 2016, was also Memorial Day. That day, Joe Biden resumed his public schedule when he commemorated his late son at a ceremony to rename Delaware’s National Guard headquarters in Wilmington as the Major Joseph R “Beau” Biden III National Guard/Reserve Center. The late Delaware attorney general was an Iraq war veteran who had served a Major in the Army National Guard’s Judge Advocate General’s Corps. The White House and a representative for Mr Comer did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Independent. Read More Hunter Biden lawyer asks to withdraw from case after special counsel named to investigate president’s son Prosecutors in the Hunter Biden case deny defense push to keep gun charge agreement in place Trump and Hunter Biden legal blockbusters rock Washington – but offer a contrast Hunter Biden lawyer asks to withdraw from case after special counsel named in probe Prosecutors in the Hunter Biden case deny defense push to keep gun charge agreement in place Hunter Biden’s lawyer fight to keep plea deal
2023-08-18 06:48
Who is Olivia Dunne’s biggest cheerleader? LSU gymnast opens up about family member who transformed her life
Who is Olivia Dunne’s biggest cheerleader? LSU gymnast opens up about family member who transformed her life
Olivia Dunne appeared in a podcast interview and talked about her academic endeavors and her support system at home
2023-07-02 13:24
DP World: Australia ports remain closed after cyber-attack
DP World: Australia ports remain closed after cyber-attack
Operations at DP World sites in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth have been suspended since Friday.
2023-11-13 11:55
Europe heatwave – live: Thousands evacuated amid Spain wildfire as Italy braces for sweltering 49C
Europe heatwave – live: Thousands evacuated amid Spain wildfire as Italy braces for sweltering 49C
Thousands of people have been evacuated from their homes as firefighters struggle to contain a wildfire tearing through the Spanish Canary Islands. The fire began in La Palma early on Saturday and has already destroyed 4,500 hectares (11,100 acres) of land and at least a dozen homes. Earlier, some tourists were reportedly sent to hospital in Athens, Greece as they arrived in droves at the Acropolis even as the authorities shut the monument's gates between midday and early evening amid a severe heatwave. Kim Adams, visiting from Scotland told Sky News: “It’s quite difficult today, really very hot”. Temperatures in Italy are predicted to climb as high as 49C in Puglia, Sardinia and Sicily next week, as the heatwave gripping Southern Europe shows no sign of abating. Red alerts for extreme heat have been issued in 16 cities across Italy as the Mediterranean country is gripped by blistering hot temperatures. Read More Land temperatures in Spain surpass 60C as deadly heatwave sweeps Europe UK weather: Met Office issues two yellow warnings as Britons brace for ‘unusual’ winds Europe heatwave: Is it safe to travel to Italy, Spain, Greece and Croatia?
2023-07-16 17:59
'RHONJ' fans call Joe Gorga an 'insult to real comics' as he announces stand-up comedy show
'RHONJ' fans call Joe Gorga an 'insult to real comics' as he announces stand-up comedy show
Joe Gorga trolled as 'RHONJ' fans don't find star funny during Instagram live
2023-09-21 13:47