
Carol Vorderman scathingly compares Boris Johnson to a 'dose of diarrhoea'
During Friday's episode of Have I Got News For You, UK TV legend turned political commentator Carol Vorderman delivered a scathing takedown of former prime minister Boris Johnson amid his latest scandal. Johnson is currently embroiled in another lockdown-related controversy with claims that gatherings he held at Chequers broke Covid restrictions. Given that Johnson is back in the news again its no surprise that he was a subject of conversation on HIGNFY once more but not to the delight of Vorderman. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter The 62-year-old TV presenter said: "Boris Johnson is like a dose of diarrhoea that keeps on giving, is he not? Every single time you switch on the news, he's still there. How does this happen?" Regularly HIGNFY panelist Ian Hislop wittily replied: "I think it's something to do with the system." Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-05-27 21:19

Who is Paul Richard Soliz? Britney Spears is apparently 'spending time' with housekeeper amid Sam Asghari split
The growing relationship between Britney Spears and her former housekeeper Paul Richard Soliz raised concerns amid divorce with Sam Asghari
2023-08-25 19:57

Missouri Republican seeks exceptions to near-total abortion ban, including for rape and incest cases
A Missouri Republican wants exceptions to the state's near-total abortion ban
2023-08-31 08:24

Who is Jeff Ferguson? Orange County Superior Court judge arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife
Jeff Ferguson has been named prosecutor of the year four times by the Orange County Narcotics Officers Association
2023-08-05 02:59

U.S. law enforcement steps up security ahead of expected Mideast protests
By Dan Whitcomb and Steve Gorman U.S. law enforcement agencies have escalated security measures to safeguard Jewish and
2023-10-13 08:57

Serbia's populist leader denounces planned Belgrade bridge blockade after shootings
Serbia's populist leader has sharply denounced opposition plans to block a key bridge and motorway in Belgrade on Friday to press their demands in the wake of last week's mass shootings in the Balkan country that left 17 people dead, including many children. President Aleksandar Vucic said that the planned opposition protest later on Friday amounted to “violence in politics” and “harassment” of citizens. But, Vucic said, police would not intervene to prevent it “unless people's lives are in danger.” “What gives them the right to block other people's normal lives?” said Vucic, adding that the opposition were “abusing the tragedy” following the shootings that deeply rattled the nation and triggered calls for change. “They are harassing citizens and not allowing them to travel,” Vucic insisted. “But we don't like to beat protesters, like France and Germany do.” The rally on Friday comes a week after thousands marched in Belgrade. They were demanding the resignations of government ministers and the withdrawal of broadcast licenses for two private TV stations which are close to the state and promote violence. They often host convicted war criminals and crime figures on their programs. Protests with the same demands have been held in the past week in various cities and towns in Serbia. Opposition officials said the bridge blockade in Belgrade on Friday evening would last for two hours. The two shootings happened in just two days, leaving 17 people dead and 21 wounded. A 13-year-old boy last Wednesday used his father's gun to open fire at his school in central Belgrade, while a day later a 20-year-old randomly fired at people in a rural area south of Belgrade. Opposition parties have said that Vucic's populist government has fueled intolerance and hate speech, while taking hold of all institutions, thus stoking divisions. Vucic has denied this. He has called his own rally for May 26 in Belgrade that he said would be the “biggest ever.” “We do not organize spontaneous rallies in order to play with people's emotions,” Vucic insisted. “Ours will be a rally of unity, when we will announce important political decisions.” Vucic also told reporters that citizens had handed in more than 9,000 weapons since police announced a one-month amnesty for people to surrender unregistered guns and ammunition or face possible prison sentences after that period. Serbia is estimated to be among the top countries in Europe when it comes to the number of guns per capita, many of them left over from the wars in the 1990s. Other anti-gun measures after the shootings include a ban on new gun licenses, stricter controls on gun owners and shooting ranges, and tougher punishments for the illegal possession of weapons. Read More Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide
2023-05-12 19:46

Yale, University of New Haven partnership celebrates first degrees awarded to inmates
Officials from the University of New Haven and Yale held a special graduation ceremony inside a maximum-security prison in Connecticut
2023-06-10 05:48

FDA warns stores to stop selling Elf Bar, the top disposable e-cigarette in the US
U.S. regulators have sent warning letters to dozens of retailers selling fruity disposable e-cigarettes, including the current best-selling brand, Elf Bar
2023-06-23 01:24

Internet hails Kathy Griffin as she shares resurfaced clip slamming Jonas Brothers amid Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner divorce
Kathy Griffin recently shared a video on Instagram featuring her 2009 stand-up comedy routine shredding Joe Jonas and the Jonas Brothers
2023-09-24 18:54

Russia’s Fiscal Gap Shrinks Again Despite Growing Cost of War
Russia’s budget deficit, aided by an increase in oil and gas revenue, shrank for the third straight month
2023-11-08 00:30

Who owns Horizon Arctic? Rescue ship to be part of 'last chance' to find missing Titanic submersible
The ongoing operation is regarded as the 'last chance' to rescue the five individuals trapped inside the submersible
2023-06-22 09:58

From 'Mr Perfectly Fine' to 'Mr Casually Cruel': Joe Jonas trolled as Sophie Turner claims she found out about divorce via media
Sophie Turner has filed a lawsuit against her estranged husband Joe Jonas, seeking the return of her two daughters to England
2023-09-22 15:54
You Might Like...

How did Keith Jefferson die? Jamie Foxx pays heartbreaking tribute to his 'Django Unchained' co-star who died at 53

Asian Games: China censors 'Tiananmen' image of athletes hugging

Rachel Morin update: Maryland police warn public that suspect might kill again

Russia Hits Ukraine Air Base, Kyiv Downs Ballistic Missiles

Orioles announce new 30-year deal to stay at Camden Yards

Billionaire George Soros hands control of empire to son -WSJ

When will 'Sister Wives: Christine Brown Wedding Special' air? Internet trolls TLC star's ex Kody Brown as she announces two-part spinoff

First smoky air, now clouds of bugs. Winged aphids invade New York City