'The Idol': Lily-Rose Depp opens up about on-screen sexuality and the 'bareness' of her character
'I think that the occasional bareness of the character physically mirrors the bareness that we get to see emotionally in her', said Lily-Rose Depp
2023-05-25 05:22
Louisiana Senate passes bill banning gender-affirming care for transgender youths
A controversial bill — that at one point had been presumed dead — banning gender-affirming medical care for transgender youths in Louisiana was passed by the Senate on Monday and is likely to reach the governor’s desk
2023-06-06 08:15
New Beatles single 'Now and Then' set for release
A new Beatles song produced with a little help from artificial intelligence and including the vocals of John Lennon will be released on Thursday, more than four decades after it...
2023-11-02 11:24
Frenchman charged with cybercrimes pleads guilty in US court
A 22-year-old Frenchman who was extradited to the United States from Morocco and charged with cybercrimes has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud...
2023-09-29 03:19
'When did nudity become outrageous?' Jane Adams responds to negative responses after 'The Idol's premiere at Cannes
'The Idol' has garnered mostly negative reviews, especially when it comes to Johnny Depp's daughter's nudity
2023-05-24 11:55
'War doesn't fix anything': Fans react as Bruno Mars' sold-out Israel concert canceled amid Hamas attack
Bruno Mars was scheduled to perform on his second night at Yarkon Park in Tel Aviv
2023-10-08 04:19
US Border Patrol chief is retiring following end of Title 42 restrictions at US-Mexico border
The head of U.S. Border Patrol is stepping down from the post, following major changes at the U.S.-Mexico border that came with the end of Title 42 pandemic restrictions
2023-05-31 09:16
Alissa McCommon: 4th grade teacher accused of assaulting a 12-year-old rearrested for aggravated stalking, harassment, coercing
'Alissa McCommon was transported to Tipton County jail after rearrest. She is being held without bond pending her appearance,' said Covington police
2023-10-01 01:52
Turkish Inflation Surges More Than Forecast to End Long Slowdown
Turkish inflation ended its eight-month deceleration in July, putting it on track for a surge that the central
2023-08-03 15:18
Ganfeng Open to Mexico Venture on Canceled Lithium Mine
Ganfeng Lithium Co. is open to forming a partnership with the Mexican government on a project that would
2023-11-11 02:28
Who was Joed Taveras? Irish woman Denise Morgan shot dead by boyfriend in suspected NYC murder-suicide
Sources said Denise Morgan was leaving her 'jealous boyfriend' Joed Taveras when she was shot dead
2023-10-24 20:49
Putin admits Moscow paid Wagner mercenaries £800m in wages in a year – and that his forces ‘stopped civil war’
Vladimir Putin has admitted that Russia's security services "stopped a civil war" during the mutiny led by Yevgeny Prigozhin and his Wagner mercenaries – whose wages and bonuses Moscow funded to the tune of £800m in the past year. His remarks came as the Belarusian President, Alexander Lukashenko, confirmed that the Wagner chief had arrived in his country as part of the last-minute deal that ended the extraordinary attempted coup. Mr Lukashenko said that Mr Progozhin and some of his troops were welcome to stay "for some time" at their own expense. Mr Putin appeared outside the Kremlin the praise his troops, seeking to portray the image of strength that Saturday's events had left a severe crack in. Speaking in front of hundreds of troop, Mr Putin said said the country's armed forces had prove their "loyalty to the people of Russia" in protecting the "motherland and its future". The Russian leader claimed that Moscow had not been forced to withdraw troops from Ukraine and he held a minute’s silence in honour of the servicemen killed when Wagner forces shot down Russian military aircraft, including helicopters and a communications plane, as they marched on Moscow. The mercenaries stopped about 125 miles outside the capital. Mr Putin was joined by the defence minister, Sergei Shoigu, whose dismissal had been one of Mr Prigozhin's main demands – having feuded with Russia's military leadership for months. While Russian authorities dropped a criminal case against his Wagner Group – apparently fulfilling another condition of the deal brokered by Mr Lukashenko – Mr Putin appeared to set the stage for financial charges against an organisation owned by Mr Prigozhin. After his speech outside the Kremlin, Mr Putin told a military gathering that Mr Prigozhin's Concord Group earned 80 billion rubles (£733m) from a contract to provide the military with food, and that Wagner received more than 86 billion rubles (£790bn) between May 2022 and May 2023 for wages and additional items. That had come out of the Defence Ministry and state budgets. For years, the Kremlin denied any links to the Wagner group. "I hope that while doing so they didn't steal anything or stole not so much," Mr Putin said, adding that authorities would look closely at Concord's contract. Police who searched his St Petersburg office on Saturday said they found 4 billion rubles (£37m) in trucks outside, according to media reports confirmed by the Wagner boss. He said the money was intended to pay soldiers' families. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov would not disclose details about the Kremlin's deal with the Wagner chief – saying only that Mr Putin had provided Mr Prigozhiin with "certain guarantees," with the aim of avoiding a "worst-case scenario." Asked why the armed Wagner forces were allowed to get as close as they did Moscow without facing any serious resistance, National Guard chief Viktor Zolotov told reporters, "We concentrated our forces in one fist closer to Moscow. If we spread them thin, they would have come like a knife through butter." Mr Zolotov also said the National Guard lacks battle tanks and other heavy weapons and now would get them. Some Russian war bloggers have vented outrage about Mr Prigozhin and his troops not getting punished for killing Russian forces. The treatment stands in stark contrast to the harsh jail terms handed out to opposition activists in Russia who have criticised Russia's invasion of Ukraine. In Belarus, Mr Lukashenko said that he had convinced Mr Prigozhin to end the mutiny in an emotional, expletive-laden phone call, adding that Mr Prigozhin had arrived in the southern Russian city of Rostov – which Wagner seized to start the rebellion – in a "semi-mad state". Mr Lukashenko said he tried for hours by phone to reason with the Wagner chief, who has said he was furious at corruption and incompetence in the military leadership and wanted to avenge an alleged Russian army attack on his men. The Belarusian president said their calls contained "10 times" as many obscenities as normal language. Mr Lukashenko also said that, earlier on Saturday, Russian Mr Putin had sought his help, complaining that Prigozhin was not taking any calls. Lukashenko said he had advised Putin against "rushing" to crush the mutineers. Mr Lukashenko said that his country would accommodate Wagner fighters who wanted to go there, though it was not building any camps for them. "We offered them one of the abandoned military bases. Please - we have a fence, we have everything - put up your tents," Lukashenko said, according to state media. Such a prospect alarms Belarus's neighbours. Latvia and Lithuania both called for Nato to strengthen its eastern borders in response, and Polish President Andrzej Duda called the move a "negative signal". Ukraine is hoping to take advantage of the chaos caused by the attempted coup to push on with its counteroffensive to retake its territory from Russia. Mr Putin offering Wagner's troops the chance to sign contracts with the Russian army is said that was "likely in an effort to retain them" in the fight in Ukraine because Moscow needs "trained and effective manpower" as it faces a Ukrainian counteroffensive, the Institute for the Study of War, a US-based think tank that monitors the war said. In the US, the Pentagon said it would provide a new military package worth $500 million (£390m) to support Ukraine's war effort. The package will include ground vehicles including Bradley fighting vehicles and Stryker armored personnel carriers, and munitions for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (Himars) to support air defences. Reuters and Associated Press contributed to this report Read More The Body in the Woods | An Independent TV Original Documentary The harrowing discovery at centre of The Independent’s new documentary Wagner chief walks free after armed revolt. Other Russians defying the Kremlin aren’t so lucky In China, muted reaction to revolt in Russai belies anxiety over war, global balance of power Who is Yevgeny Prigozhin?
2023-06-28 01:54
You Might Like...
Andrew Tate invites fans to 'download Rumble' and subscribe to TateSpeech on Twitter
Rogue Russian pilot tried to shoot down RAF aircraft in 2022
Taylor Swift 'devastated' as fan dies before show
Brad Pitt and Ines de Ramon 'are in love' and 'marriage could be on the cards', source reveals
Irish police seize €500,000 worth of cannabis in Dublin
Privatized Britain’s Debt Load Is Now a Major Government Problem
Dale Mooney: GoFundMe page set up for slain Patriots fan who once saved a girl's life in daring rescue
Internet slams Andrew Tate for tribute to dad Emory Tate on 8th death anniversary: ‘Why are you standing on grave?'
