J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
Tuberville refuses to denounce White nationalism in military, doubles down on past comments
Tuberville refuses to denounce White nationalism in military, doubles down on past comments
Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama on Monday doubled down on his comments on White nationalism, saying it was an "opinion" that White nationalists are racist.
2023-07-11 23:15
Which sports have banned trans athletes from women's category? Martina Navratilova hits back at Megan Rapinoe's stance on matter
Which sports have banned trans athletes from women's category? Martina Navratilova hits back at Megan Rapinoe's stance on matter
Martina Navratilova took a dig at Megan Rapinoe’s claims that trans women should be able to participate in women's sports
2023-07-12 15:49
Corey Feldman and wife Courtney Anne Mitchell look the perfect couple on date night
Corey Feldman and wife Courtney Anne Mitchell look the perfect couple on date night
Corey wore knee-ripped white slacks and a matching white blazer
2023-05-17 20:17
Sunak's Conservatives suffer 2 big defeats but avoid a wipeout in trio of UK special elections
Sunak's Conservatives suffer 2 big defeats but avoid a wipeout in trio of UK special elections
Britain’s governing Conservative Party has suffered two thumping defeats in a trio of special elections but avoided a drubbing after holding onto former premier Boris Johnson’s seat in suburban London
2023-07-21 16:18
Trump demanded to get ‘my boxes’ back from feds as indictment loomed
Trump demanded to get ‘my boxes’ back from feds as indictment loomed
As Donald Trump’s lawyers began preparing for a federal indictment, the ex-president was allegedly still hoping to get the documents and boxes seized from Mar-a-Lago back, according to a report. Mr Trump referred to the classified material as “my boxes” and “my documents” and asked his lawyers to retrieve the material, sources with direct knowledge of the matter told Rolling Stone. The Independent has reached out to Mr Trump for comment. Throughout special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation into Mr Trump’s alleged mishandling of the material and after his indictment, the ex-president has maintained his innocence and claimed ownership over the documents under the Presidential Records Act. “Under the Presidential Records Act — which is civil, not criminal — I had every right to have these documents,” Mr Trump said in a speech at his New Jersey golf club following his arraignment on federal charges. Last year, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) seized multiple boxes of documents, of which 21 were labelled “Top Secret” and some contained information related to nuclear weaponry of the United States Mr Trump was indicted on 37 counts related to willful retention of national defence information, conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheme to conceal and making false statements and representations. The FBI forcibly seized the classified material after discovering Mr Trump had allegedly not turned over documents from his time in office. “In addition to having every right under the Presidential Records Act, is that these boxes were containing all types of personal belongings — many, many things, shirts and shoes, everything,” Mr Trump added. Under the Presidential Records Act, Mr Trump was required to turn over all records to the National Archives or go through the proper steps to dispose of records that no longer held administrative, historical, informational or evidentiary value. To do so, Mr Trump would have had to seek the views of the Archivist of the United States. Over and over again on Truth Social and in speeches, Mr Trump has cited this law, incorrectly, to assert his ownership. Even in the indictment, which was unsealed earlier this month, one of Mr Trump’s attorneys testified to federal investigators that the former president did not want to hand over the classified material when the federal government requested it. The attorney alleged that Mr Trump told him “I don’t want anybody looking through my boxes” and allegedly suggested they “just don’t respond at all” to investigators requesting Mr Trump return the boxes. Mr Trump was arraigned on his indictment earlier this month in Miami, Florida. Read More Prosecutors are prepared to hit Trump and his allies with new charges, sources say Top Trump aide revealed as individual he allegedly showed classified map, report says Trump news - live: DoJ prepared for more charges as insider trading scheme uncovered at Trump Media SPAC New ad mocks Trump’s excuse that he was too ‘busy’ to hand back boxes of secret government intel Is Donald Trump going to prison? Trump fumes about ‘illegally leaked’ CNN tape of him boasting about classified documents
2023-06-30 05:59
Has Carlee Russell been fired from her job? Spa coworkers 'pissed' with nursing student's fishy kidnapping story
Has Carlee Russell been fired from her job? Spa coworkers 'pissed' with nursing student's fishy kidnapping story
'It was really devastating for them thinking a co-worker was abducted,' said Carlee Russell's former employer
2023-07-22 18:18
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton accused of threatening colleagues as his impeachment hearing begins
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton accused of threatening colleagues as his impeachment hearing begins
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has been accused of threatening colleagues with political blowback if they vote for his impeachment. State Representative Charlie Geren, who like Mr Paxton is a member of the Republican Party, said that “several members of this House while on the floor of this House, doing the state business, received telephone calls from general Paxton personally, threatening them with political consequences in their next election,” according to The Texas Tribune. Mr Geren made the claim during the opening remarks in the impeachment hearing in the Texas statehouse. The 73-year-old rejected Mr Paxton’s claims that the impeachment is a witch hunt and that the whistleblowers behind a lawsuit against him are “political” appointees. Mr Geren, who sits on the House General Investigative Committee, repeated what the panel said in the articles of impeachment filed against Mr Paxton, that the committee wouldn’t have probed the issue if he hadn’t made the request that the legislature greenlight a settlement worth $3.3m to the former members of staff. “We are here today because the attorney general asked the state Legislature to fund a multimillion-dollar settlement,” Mr Geren said. “There was no investigation prior to this time. We wanted to look further into the reasons behind that.” Mr Geren went on to say that the settlement was Mr Paxton trying to hide the possibility of wrongdoing. “This settlement served to stave off a trial, including a discovery process that could have brought new info to light,” he said. Mr Paxton has long been accused of violating the standards of his office, which he has held since 2015, before which he served in the Texas state senate between 2013 and 2015 and before that the Texas Statehouse from 2003 until 2013. On Saturday, members of the GOP in the Texas House started to present their case for impeaching Mr Paxton, arguing that he used his role to benefit himself and a donor to his campaign and that he should be put on trial in the state Senate for a range of violations. It’s the first vote on the impeachment of a statewide officeholder in Texas since 1917, The New York Times noted. Former President Donald Trump issued a statement of support for Mr Paxton on Truth Social, writing that “the RINO Speaker of the House of Texas, Dade Phelan, who is barely a Republican at all and failed the test on voter integrity, wants to impeach one of the most hard working and effective Attorney Generals in the United States, Ken Paxton, who just won re-election with a large number of American Patriots strongly voting for him”. “You would think that any issue would have been fully adjudicated by the voters of Texas, especially when that vote was so conclusive,” Mr Trump added. The Republican-controlled bipartisan statehouse committee that advanced the process against Mr Paxton filed 20 articles of impeachment this week, with the panel unanimously finding him unfit to hold office, sending the issue on to the full statehouse. Republican Representative David Spiller said that Mr Paxton used his office to help the donor, an Austin real estate investor, to his campaign as well as himself. “Attorney General Paxton continuously and blatantly violated laws and procedures,” Mr Spiller said, according to The New York Times. “Today is a very grim and difficult day for this House and for the State of Texas.” For the issue to head to a trial in the state Senate, 75 of the statehouse’s 85 Republicans and 64 Democrats would have to vote for impeachment, according to the House Speaker’s office. Mr Paxton, 60, has rejected all allegations of wrongdoing. He has been a vocal supporter of conservative legal issues and a main combatant of the Biden administration on issues such as the Affordable Care Act and immigration. He won a third term last year after beating George P Bush, the son of former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and the nephew of former President George W Bush, in a Republican primary in May 2022. The allegations against him became a part of the campaign, and Mr Paxton accused the Republican House leadership of working with Democrats to remove him from office. If the impeachment vote succeeds, Mr Paxton would be temporarily removed from his office as the issue head to the state Senate for a trial, where a number of his main allies, such as his wife, state Senator Angela Paxton, will be jurors. Read More Texas' GOP-held House set for impeachment proceedings against Attorney General Ken Paxton Texas’ extraordinary move to impeach scandal-plagued GOP Attorney General Ken Paxton A look at the 20 articles of impeachment against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton
2023-05-28 05:21
India’s space agency is set to launch an unmanned mission to the moon’s south pole
India’s space agency is set to launch an unmanned mission to the moon’s south pole
An Indian spacecraft is set to blaze its way to the far side of the moon in a follow-up mission to a failed effort nearly four years ago to land a rover softly on the lunar surface
2023-07-14 13:53
Malaysia’s Anwar Faces Hard Choices as Popularity Dips
Malaysia’s Anwar Faces Hard Choices as Popularity Dips
After years of political turmoil that saw rapid turnover at the prime minister’s office, Anwar Ibrahim’s first 12
2023-11-24 10:50
Ukraine, Poland say Wagner fighters arrive in Belarus
Ukraine, Poland say Wagner fighters arrive in Belarus
Fighters from the Wagner group have arrived in Belarus from Russia, Ukrainian and Polish officials said on Saturday,
2023-07-16 08:53
Vatican cardinal performs rite at desecrated altar in St. Peter's Basilica after naked protest
Vatican cardinal performs rite at desecrated altar in St. Peter's Basilica after naked protest
The archpriest of St. Peter’s Basilica has performed a special rite at the basilica's main altar
2023-06-04 01:26
Eskom Latest: Eskom Fund Joins Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance
Eskom Latest: Eskom Fund Joins Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance
Eskom Pension and Provident Fund has signed up for the United Nation’s Net Zero Asset Owners Alliance as
2023-07-12 17:29