
The 20 U.S. Cities Where Millennials Are Moving
These Americans cities attracted the greatest percentages of Millennial transplants last year.
2023-11-26 01:24

Amazon will allow US customers to buy cars on its site from local car dealers starting next year
Want to buy a car on Amazon
2023-11-17 02:22

Asian shares drop sharply as US price data revives rate hike jitters
By Ankur Banerjee SINGAPORE Asian shares slid on Friday while the dollar was firm after U.S. consumer prices
2023-10-13 11:23

Scuba diver finds live tear gas grenade while exploring Oklahoma lake
A scuba diver made an unexpected discovery while exploring the depths of a south-central Oklahoma lake: a tear gas grenade that turned out to be live, authorities said.
2023-06-05 03:26

Woman escapes alleged kidnapper posing as an Uber driver by passing secret note to gas station customer
An Arizona woman who was allegedly kidnapped by a man in a wig posing as an Uber driver escaped after passing a note to a gas station customer pleading for help, according to authorities. The woman was abducted from a car dealership in Phoenix at 7am on Monday, the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office (YCSO) said in a statement. The suspect, identified by authorities as 41-year-old Jacob Wilhoit, “restrained” the woman in the car and drove north towards Las Vegas, and they spent the night in a Lake Mead park, the sheriff’s office said. At 5pm on Tuesday, they pulled into a Chevron gas station 150 miles southeast in Seligman, Arizona. The woman signalled to another customer and passed a note with a description of her abductor and his blue Honda van, and begged them to call 911. “Help,” the note read. “Call 911.” The note included a a phone number and that they were headed to “Kingman Las Vegas”. Their van was intercepted by officers from the Department of Public Safety (DPS) heading westbound on the I-40, and Mr Wilhoit was detained without incident, according to authorities. Several firearms were found “in plain view” in his car, they said. Deputies also learned the woman had been reported missing by her mother the previous day, who named Mr Wilhoit as a “person of interest”. Mr Wilhoit has been arrested on charges including aggravated assault, unlawful imprisonment, kidnapping, and other assault and harassment charges. “The victim’s extraordinary action in passing the note, the customer’s willingness to assist, and the quick actions of YCSO and DPS saved the victim from her kidnapper and allowed her to return home with her family,” Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office said. Read More The BTK killer’s need for notoriety led to his capture a decade ago. He’s now a ‘prime suspect’ in at least two other murders Ambushed at an LA park, kidnapped and her body dumped in a field: What happened to Andrea Vazquez? California woman who vanished eight years ago reappears to ask police to take her off missing persons list
2023-08-25 22:52

FBI says artificial intelligence being used for 'sextortion' and harassment
By Raphael Satter WASHINGTON The Federal Bureau of Investigation has warned Americans that criminals are increasingly using artificial
2023-06-07 23:53

Man charged in drugging death of fashion designer who worked with Lady Gaga
A man has been indicted on five drugging murders in New York City, including that of a fashion designer who worked with Lady Gaga. Kenwood Allen, 33, is facing allegations that he was part of a widespread campaign of drugging and robberies in the city. He was indicted for the murder of designer Kathryn Gallagher, the office of the Manhattan District Attorney said on Wednesday. Gallagher, 35, was found lifeless in her bed by her neighbour in July last year. There were no clear signs of trauma, according to The Daily Beast. The front door of her apartment was open with the keys still in the lock when she was discovered. The cause of death was unclear until the medical examiner determined that she had died from “acute intoxication” because of a cocktail of drugs. The indictment shared on Wednesday states that Mr Allen is suspected of three murders in addition to the two killings he was indicted for last year. Mr Allen is alleged to have worked both alone and with a group of others when he conducted a number of robberies between March and December last year. He allegedly drugged his victims with fentanyl and other opioids to steal their credit cards, watches, phones, and other items. He pleaded not guilty on Wednesday. He would then proceed to empty their accounts at ATMs and make a number of charges on the victims’ credit cards, according to authorities. The “drugging, robbery and larceny spree” affected a total of 21 victims, five of which died, according to the Manhattan DA. The three additional murders Mr Allen was indicted for on Wednesday allegedly took place on 22 July, 23 July, and 6 August last year. The New York Supreme Court indictment includes 10 counts of murder in the second degree, 13 counts of robbery in the first degree, two counts of robbery in the second degree, 11 counts of assault in the second degree, two counts of attempted robbery in the first degree, three counts of grand larceny in the fourth degree, three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, and one count of conspiracy in the fourth degree. The 10 murder counts, two for each of the five people who died, include one count of acting with depraved indifference to human life, and one count of acting in furtherance of another crime. “These alleged pernicious drugging and robbery schemes have left far too many families mourning the loss of their loved ones,” District Attorney Alvin Bragg said in a statement. “The careful and meticulous work of our prosecutors and the NYPD has led us to charge this individual with a spree of criminal conduct that now includes five murders – four of which took place over a mere 15 days last summer. We will continue to work closely with our law enforcement partners to aggressively uncover and investigate these incidents.” The Manhattan DA said in a press release that “in most of the incidents, Allen drugged his victims with fentanyl and other opioids in order to steal their credit cards, watches, phones, and other personal identifying information. Many of the victims were later found unconscious on the street. He would then withdraw cash from ATMs and use the stolen credit cards to make purchases and transfer money”. Vogue wrote that Ms Gallagher was “a hands-on artisan” who was “fiercely independent and sure of her vision”. Her pieces have been worn by Chrissy Teigen, Kourtney Kardashian, Rita Ora, Laverne Cox, and members of the New York Ballet. “Katie established her own fashion line, Katie Gallagher, in New York City in 2010. Under this label, she completed 26 collections that premiered during New York Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week,” her obituary said. “She was unique, beautiful, smart, unabashed, and always wanting. She was hardworking and talented, with so many ideas and plans for future projects,” it added. “We are so proud of who she was and all she achieved in her brief but full and beautiful life.” Police have said that in one of the robberies, the perpetrators smeared a white powder that included fentanyl under the nose of a victim, and in another case, they offered marijuana also laced with the drug. They took aim at people active in the nightlife in Lower Manhattan who looked like they were wealthy and waited for them to leave the club before pushing them against a wall to take what they had. The chief of detectives at the New York Police Department, James Essig, said on Thursday that “they bum-rushed them,” according to The New York Times. Mr Allen was charged in December with the deaths of Nurbo Shera and Ardijan Berisha. On Wednesday, he was charged with the deaths of Ms Gallagher, 25-year-old student Alexander Rudnitsky, and Sadath Ahmed, 33. Sean Shirley, 36, is charged in the drugging deaths of Mr Rudnitsky and Mr Ahmed. Facing charges of second-degree murder, robbery, and grand larceny, he was arraigned on Thursday. He also pled not guilty. Assistant district attorney Brian Rodkey said in court that Mr Allen and Mr Shirley “robbed them, and left them on the street, not caring whether they lived or died,” according to The New York Times. The Gallagher family said in a statement that they hope the case will make people aware of how fentanyl and other drugs have been used “as weapons against innocent people”. “The number of victims confirmed at this point is shocking. We are gutted by the magnitude of this collective and senseless loss,” the family said, according to The New York Times. In a separate case, five men were accused in April of the druggings and killings of people going to gay bars in Manhattan. Read More Police identify suspects in fatal drugging of men at New York City gay bars Julia Fox’s brother arrested in NYC apartment raid as police find ghost guns, drugs and ‘explosive materials’ NYC robbery crews drug unsuspecting men, some fatally
2023-06-23 22:26

Andrew Tate slams Neil deGrasse Tyson for 'exposing' himself, confused Internet asks 'what did he do?'
This comes after Andrew Tate slammed 'Britain's Got Talent' judge Amanda Holden for sharing bikini pictures
2023-11-08 16:18

David Sedaris' first children's book, 'Pretty Ugly,' to be published next February
David Sedaris is publishing his first children’s book, a collaboration with Ian Falconer conceived decades ago and finished shortly before the “Olivia” creator died in March
2023-06-09 06:23

Two Russian landing boats filled with armoured vehicles destroyed by Ukraine in ‘significant loss’ for Putin
Ukraine on Friday said its naval drones have destroyed two small Russian landing boats in Crimea, in an embarrassment for president Vladimir Putin. Ukrainian military intelligence said two amphibious Russian ships loaded with armoured vehicles had been hit by naval drones overnight. One of the boats has been identified as an Akula class vessel, while the other landing vessel was a Serna class. "The results of intelligence conducted on 10 November 2023 near Vuzka Bay in temporarily occupied Crimea show that after an attack by naval drones, two small Russian landing ships have been destroyed," a Ukraine military report said. "As a consequence of the attack, both vessels went to the bottom, the Akula straight away and the Serna after attempts to save it." Russia, which illegally annexed the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine in 2014 and has stationed its Black Sea Fleet in the region’s main city of Sevastopol, has not commented on the reported losses. The incident comes amid Russia's intensified attack on the key eastern Ukrainian frontline town of Avdiivka, where Moscow has amassed a force of 40,000 troops encircling the town for a fresh assault. One Ukrainian analyst described the loss of the Crimean ships as one of the biggest single setbacks for Mr Putin in the nearly 21-month war in Ukraine. "Boats like this are quite a significant loss," Andriy Ryzhenko, Ukrainian military analyst and reserve officer, told Radio NV. "They allowed for the transport of a tactical landing force and equipment relatively inconspicuously." Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky said attacks on naval targets have dented Moscow's military strength in the area. Ukraine has been increasingly targeting Russia’s Black Sea fleet, stationed in Crimea. Last week, Ukraine claimed to have struck a new Russian missile carrier causing significant damage to the vessel. Mykola Oleshchuk, the commander of Ukraine's air force, announced Ukraine had targeted the Zaliv shipyard in Crimea, conducting at least three strikes on the Askold vessel. In September, Ukraine destroyed state-of-the-art Russian air defences in Crimea and damaged two ships. Moskva, the flagship of Russia's Black Sea fleet, sank in the waters off Ukraine during the early days of the war in April 2022. Read More Ukraine’s global ‘peace summit’ deferred to next year amid war in Gaza Russia-Ukraine war: Putin’s forces ramp up Avdiivka assault as Kyiv strikes Crimea Analysis: Ukraine’s current frontline stalemate with Russia is hurting Kyiv Ramaswamy walks back moment he calls Zelensky ‘Nazi’ at GOP debate Ukraine moves step closer to EU membership as European Commission backs talks Hundreds gather at vigil held for Ukrainian soldiers killed in missile attack
2023-11-11 14:55

Apologetic Nardo Wick slammed after claiming assault by his entourage on fan 'ain't gangsta'
Cops claimed the fan approached Nardo Wick around 1.15 am after his show on Sunday, November 26, at the Club Skye in Tampa, Florida
2023-11-29 17:50

Rwanda suspect denies killings but 'sorry' over genocide
By Wendell Roelf CAPE TOWN One of the Rwanda genocide's most wanted remaining suspects, accused of ordering the
2023-05-27 04:47
You Might Like...

European Stocks Dip as Growth Woes Outweigh UBS Gains

Russia extends arrest of US journalist Evan Gershkovich by 3 months, his parents barred from hearing

Dublin stabbings - latest: Five-year-old girl seriously injured after ‘stabbing’ outside school

Trump news – live: Trump could be indicted for a third time as soon as this week in Jan 6 probe

Bond Bulls’ Faith in Stable Yields Survives Central Bank Hawks

'He ruined all my plans': Heath Ledger's Joker made Christian Bale question his own performance as Batman in 'The Dark Knight'

Churchill Downs to suspend racing after 12 horse deaths

Thai parliament picks Srettha Thavisin as next prime minister ending 3 months of political deadlock