J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
Google Wins Limits to Antitrust Claims at Trial Over Search Deals
Google Wins Limits to Antitrust Claims at Trial Over Search Deals
Alphabet Inc.’s Google will face a scaled-down antitrust suit over its search business after a federal judge threw
2023-08-05 02:20
Tests show white powder found at White House is cocaine
Tests show white powder found at White House is cocaine
The white, powdery substance that prompted a brief evacuation of the White House over the weekend has been confirmed to be cocaine by laboratory testing, The Independent has learned. A spokesperson for the US Secret Service, which by law is responsible for security in and around the 18-acre White House campus, confirmed the laboratory result in an email on Wednesday. The spokesperson, Anthony Gugliemi, previously said the agency was standing up “an investigation into the cause and manner” of how the cocaine came to be in a public waiting area in the West Wing, where it was discovered late Sunday by officers with the Secret Service Uniformed Division. According to DC Fire and EMS Department radio transmissions archived by OpenMHZ, firefighters with the department’s hazardous materials unit who were called to investigate the then-unidentified powder used a field test analyse a small sample, which returned a presumptive result for cocaine hydrochloride. Neither President Joe Biden nor any other members of his family were present at the White House during the incident, as the Biden family spent the holiday weekend at Camp David, the US Navy-operated presidential retreat in Thurmont, Maryland. Mr Biden and several family members departed the White House on Friday and returned late on Monday to participate in several Independence Day events. According to a source familiar with the events surrounding the discovery of the cocaine, it was found in a small bag in a waiting area which is regularly accessed by White House staff and visitors to the West Wing, the part of the White House which contains offices used by Mr Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and the president’s senior staff, as well as members of the White House press corps. Although there were no public tours of the White House on Sunday, staff members have long been authorised to bring family and friends into the West Wing for tours of the workspace, and the area where the cocaine was found is heavily trafficked during the week. It is not yet known when the cocaine would have been brought into the building or by whom, but Mr Gugliemi said investigators are working to determine those facts if possible. Read More Mystery white powder suspected to be cocaine is found in White House
2023-07-06 03:17
Biden campaign will not concentrate on Trump's legal woes, aide says
Biden campaign will not concentrate on Trump's legal woes, aide says
U.S. President Joe Biden's 2024 re-election campaign will not concentrate on the legal cases against Republican front-runner Donald
2023-08-27 22:53
Violence at London March Puts Spotlight on Sunak’s Leadership
Violence at London March Puts Spotlight on Sunak’s Leadership
Clashes between police and mainly far-right counter-protesters at a pro-Palestinian march in London have put the spotlight back
2023-11-12 18:54
What happened when Kai Cenat tried on $14K Iron Man suit gifted by MrBeast?
What happened when Kai Cenat tried on $14K Iron Man suit gifted by MrBeast?
What are the awesome features of the real-life Iron Man suit?
2023-05-24 16:55
Italy fears 'incalculable' regional consequences after attack on Israel
Italy fears 'incalculable' regional consequences after attack on Israel
MILAN Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni is calling for a rapid de-escalation of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as its
2023-10-09 21:16
Gareth Southgate hopes racist abuse suffered by Vinicius Junior forces change
Gareth Southgate hopes racist abuse suffered by Vinicius Junior forces change
Gareth Southgate believes the fight against racism in football may have reached a defining moment as the fall-out from the abuse levelled against Real Madrid’s Vinicius Junior in Valencia last weekend continues. The England boss has led calls for stricter punishment since his side came close to walking off the field after some players were subjected to racial abuse during a match in Bulgaria in 2019. Vinicius threatened to leave the pitch in the second half of Sunday’s LaLiga match at the Mestalla after being subjected to alleged monkey chants from the crowd and Real Madrid, who said the incident constituted a “hate crime”, filed a complaint with the Spanish State Attorney General’s Office. In response, Valencia were given a partial stadium ban for five matches plus a fine of 45,000 euros (£39,000) – a punishment the club called “totally disproportionate”, while Valencia head coach Ruben Baraja vowed to lead the fight back against what he described as “smears”. Southgate said: “It is a disgusting situation. I think it is so bad that it looks like it is going to force change. I am hoping there will be something positive to come from it. “If anyone suggests to me we don’t have a problem in society with racism then there is another example of what we are dealing with, and more examples of people burying their heads in the sand, quite frankly. “Hopefully it is a story that doesn’t just disappear in 24-48 hours without there being some significant change.” The action by the Spanish football federation (RFEF), who order that Valencia shut the Mario Kempes south stand, where the alleged abuse happened, for five matches, was strongly criticised by the club, who vowed to appeal. That criticism was echoed by Baraja in a prepared statement prior to a press conference on Wednesday, in which he stressed he was “absolutely against racism”, but added: “I am not going to allow the Valencia CF fans and Mestalla to be smeared with labels that do not represent us. “Just as a player rightly fights back against insults and I support that with all my might, we as a club and a fanbase rebel against those who, during the days since the game, have accused us of being what we are not.” Earlier, Valencia had issued a robust statement against the ruling, saying: “Valencia CF wishes to show its total disagreement and indignation at the unfair and disproportionate penalty imposed by the competition committee on the club with the closure of the stand for five games. “Valencia CF wants to publicly denounce that in this resolution of the RFEF competition committee they show evidence that contradicts what the national police and LaLiga say. “In addition, this sanction is based on evidence that the club has not been able to see and without giving us a hearing. Valencia CF will appeal to the last instance the closure of the stand, a sanction that it considers totally unfair and one more offense in the latest disciplinary decisions that have been taken against the club Valencia official statement “Valencia CF has condemned, condemns and will condemn in the most energetic way any act of racism or violence. These behaviours have no place in football or in society and we will continue to act in the most forceful way to eradicate this scourge. “For this reason, Valencia CF is collaborating from the first minute with the police and all relevant authorities to clarify the events that occurred last Sunday. “In addition, it has applied the maximum possible sanction with the expulsion for life from our stadium to the fans that the police have identified for their racist behaviour. “For this reason we consider that penalising and depriving all the fans who were not involved in these unfortunate incidents from seeing their team is a totally disproportionate, unfair and unprecedented measure against which we will fight. “The fight against racism requires the real commitment of all the parties involved without using it as a pretext to incur serious injustices. “Valencia CF will appeal to the last instance the closure of the stand, a sanction that it considers totally unfair and one more offence in the latest disciplinary decisions that have been taken against the club. Valencia CF asks for the utmost respect and rigour for our institution and fans.” In announcing the punishment against Valencia, the RFEF said in a statement: “The competition committee has sanctioned Valencia CF with the partial closure of the Mestalla stadium for five matches, more specifically the Mario Kempes south stand, following the events that occurred during the league match between the local team and Real Madrid CF. “It is considered proven that, as reflected by the referee in his minutes, there were racist shouts at Vinicius, a Real Madrid CF player, during the aforementioned match, altering the normal course of the match and considering the infractions very serious.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Jos Buttler excited to be part of Lancashire’s Vitality Blast campaign No regrets for Eddie Jones as he relishes Twickenham return with Barbarians LTA’s fine for banning players contributes to operating losses of £9.5million
2023-05-24 22:47
What’s the Kennection? #81
What’s the Kennection? #81
All five answers to the questions below have something in common. Can you figure it out?
2023-09-24 08:48
Andrew Tate exposed for making false claims during explosive showdown with Candace Owens, trolls dub him 'lying machine'
Andrew Tate exposed for making false claims during explosive showdown with Candace Owens, trolls dub him 'lying machine'
Andrew Tate said, 'It says I am using the loverboy method to somehow convince women to do things they didn't wanna do'
2023-08-02 16:19
5 things to know for June 6: Ukraine, Prince Harry, Immigration, Plane crash, Haiti
5 things to know for June 6: Ukraine, Prince Harry, Immigration, Plane crash, Haiti
CNN's 5 Things brings you the news you need to know every morning.
2023-06-06 19:26
Kyle McCord, No. 3 Ohio State overcomes offensive injuries in 41-7 blowout at Purdue
Kyle McCord, No. 3 Ohio State overcomes offensive injuries in 41-7 blowout at Purdue
Kyle McCord threw three touchdown passes and Dallan Hayden rushed for 76 yards and one touchdown in relief duty, leading No. 3 Ohio State to a 41-7 rout at Purdue
2023-10-15 05:29
US health insurers Humana, Cigna in talks to merge -source
US health insurers Humana, Cigna in talks to merge -source
By Anirban Sen and Deena Beasley (Reuters) -U.S. health insurer Cigna is in talks to merge with peer Humana, a
2023-11-30 07:57