
Court revives doctors' lawsuit saying FDA overstepped its authority with anti-ivermectin campaign
A federal appeals court in New Orleans has revived a lawsuit by three doctors who say the Food and Drug Administration overstepped its authority in a campaign against the use of a drug that is not approved to treat COVID-19
2023-09-02 07:59

The last government shutdown deadline ousted the House speaker. This week's showdown could be easier
The last time Congress tried to fund the government to prevent a federal shutdown, it cost House Speaker Kevin McCarthy his job
2023-11-14 13:16

'No more water': Iraq drought claims lakeside resort
Iraqi merchant Mohamed has never seen such a grim tourist season: years of drought have shrunken the majestic Lake Habbaniyah, keeping away the holidaymakers who...
2023-08-14 10:57

'What the f**k is he wearing!': Don Lemon’s rift with Chris Licht began due to the former's outfit
Lemon wore a white jacket with a fur collar on the day of the debut of his new morning show
2023-06-03 16:49

‘Weak’ Putin killed Wagner mercenary chief Prigozhin, Zelensky says
Vladimir Putin orchestrated the killing of Wagner mercenary boss Yevgeny Prigozhin thanks to his own weakness, Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky has said. The Ukrainian president made the off-hand remark during a conference in Kyiv on Friday, without providing any additional evidence. Mr Prigozhin died in an unexplained crash when a plane carrying himself and some of his top lieutenants went down when flying between Moscow and St Petersburg in late August. Mr Prigozhin offered the most severe challenge to the Russian president’s authority in more than 20 years in power when he and his Wagner fighters rose up against Moscow in June. The mutiny began when Mr Prigozhin’s forces left their base in southern Russia and marched on Moscow. It prompted the Kremlin chief to accuse Mr Prigozhin of "treason" and a "stab in the back". Mr Prigozhin and his troops were eventually halted 24 hours later, about 125 miles from the Russian capital, when a deal was brokered between the Kremlin and Mr Prigozhin by the Belarusian president, Alexander Lukashenko. See our live blog for the latest developments in Ukraine Mr Prigozhin had been in a public feud with Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu and chief of the general staff Valery Gerasimov for months about the direction of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which is now in its 18th month. There has been a crackdown on dissent against the war across Russian society, with dozens facing prison sentences. Western leaders have suggested that little of note happens in Russia without Mr Putin’s sign-off and that he would be unlikely to let the embarrassment of the mutiny go without sending a message to others looking to undermine his presidency. Mr Zelensky said on Friday: "The fact that he killed Prigozhin - at least that’s the information we all have, not any other kind - that also speaks to his rationality, and about the fact that he is weak.” He made the statement in answer to another question about the Russian president. The Kremlin says all possible causes of the crash will be investigated, including the possibility of foul play. It has called the suggestion that Putin ordered the deaths of Mr Prigozhin and his men an "absolute lie". Many critics of Mr Putin have died in unclear circumstances during his 23 years in power, or narrowly escaped dying. Russia’s most recognisable opposition figure, Alexei Navalny, is facing decades in prison over various charges that are widely considered to be politically motivated. He was arrested in 2021 upon returning to Moscow after recuperating in Germany from what is believed to have been nerve agent poisoning. He has blamed that poisoning on the Kremlin, as did a number of Western nations. The Kremlin has denied involvement. Meanwhile, Mr Zelensky’s hometown Kryvyi Rih was one of several sites in Ukraine to be hit by Russian missiles overnight into Friday. Three people were also killed after a Russian bomb struck the village of Odradokamianka in the Kherson region of southern Ukraine. The strikes come as Ukraine is trying to push back Russian troops and reclaim its territory as part of a summer offensive. However, Mr Zelensky said that his nation is finding it harder and slower to secure sanctions on Russia and weapon supplies to help fend off Moscow's forces. He said Ukraine's three-month-old counteroffensive would make faster gains in the south and east if Kyiv's military received more powerful weapons. "The war is slowing down. This is true, we recognise this. All the processes are becoming harder and slowing down: from sanctions to the delivery of weapons," he said. Read More Wagner Group set to be declared a terrorist organisation The UK says it will declare Russia’s Wagner mercenary group a banned terrorist organization Wagner to be declared a terrorist organisation, Home Office says Sunak pledges to ‘put pressure’ on Moscow as he arrives in India for summit Cuba arrests 17 for allegedly helping recruit some of its citizens to fight for Russia in Ukraine Ukraine-Russia war – live: Four dead as Putin’s forces strike Zelensky’s hometown and Kherson
2023-09-08 23:54

Israeli military says its troops killed gunmen who infiltrated from Lebanon
JERUSALEM Israeli soldiers backed by helicopters killed at least two gunmen who crossed the border from Lebanon on
2023-10-09 21:47

Hundreds gather for Clonmel vigil to four young victims of horror car crash
Hundreds have gathered for a vigil to mourn the deaths of four young people, including two siblings, who were killed in a car crash in Co Tipperary. Young people in the crowd were seen comforting each other as they grieved the loss of 24-year-old Luke McSweeney, his sister Grace McSweeney, Zoey Coffey and Nicole Murphy, all aged 18. Classmates of McSweeney and Coffey from Presentation secondary school wore lilac jumpers that commemorate their graduate class of 2023. Grieving family members were also present at the Kickham Plaza gathering on Sunday evening. The Bishop of Waterford and Lismore, Alphonsus Cullinan, told the crowd it was “amazing” to see so many people at the vigil, and that there was a “goodness” in people coming together to console one another. He said people would support one another in the coming days and “find a strength in that”. Mayor of Clonmel Richie Molloy addressed the vigil by saying that the tragedy was the worst in living memory. He added: “It’s very hard to know what the families are feeling this evening, and while we can imagine, it’s very hard to know. “All I can say as the mayor, the people of the town really want to show the families the feeling of unity that’s out there.” Father Michael Toomey, a chaplain at CBS High School – which Mr McSweeney attended, said that people in the Clonmel area and around the country had been left speechless by the tragedy. He said that some people will be struggling to make sense of it, and wondered “why them?” “The question we will certainly never get the answer to, not in this life anyway,” he added. “The deaths of Zoe, Nicole, Luke and Grace, it’s like a massive stone that hit a stilled lake, the rippled effects have sent shockwaves right across our family, our schools, our town, our country. “As I said to the girls in Loreto the other day, and the lads in the High School, none of us would ever get over their deaths. But we will learn to live with it. “It will become part of us and, as I also said, it will make us stronger once we grieve properly.” Young men and women embraced one another and cried as the vigil came to a close with the song Rise Up by Andra Day. Mr McSweeney was driving the teenagers to a bus on Friday when the car overturned and crashed into a wall in the town. The youngsters were on their way to celebrate their Leaving Cert exam results, which they had received earlier on Friday. Bouquets of flowers, notes and candles have continued to be left at the wall of Loreto Secondary School, where Ms Murphy went to school and which is around the corner from the scene of the crash. On Sunday, as Mountain Road was reopened, people covered a corner of a stone wall with more flowers, notes and candles. People also stopped their cars to stand in front of the scene and pay their respects. Earlier on Sunday, students attended Loreto secondary school and Presentation secondary school to mourn together. Education minister Norma Foley said that immediate support would be offered from schools and their staff, with the National Educational Psychological Service offering any further support. “Those services will be in place as long as they’re required by the schools and we’re very cognisant of the fact that different schools will have different needs,” she said. “I’m very conscious that the class of 2023 have technically moved on from the school but it is so important that they would know that the school continues to be there for them, the door of the school is always open to a student, whether they are an immediate student, or a past student, and so the supports will be ongoing as they’re required.” When asked about other tragedies involving school leavers that took place this summer, the minister said she had engaged with some of those schools involved and found they can help one another. “I’ve always been struck where they have pointed out that they have been raised up, their hearts have been lifted by that enormous solidarity from other schools.” Irish president Michael D Higgins and Taoiseach Leo Varadkar were among those who expressed their sympathies, with Mr Varadkar saying the nation is in mourning. Mountain Road reopened on Sunday after a Garda forensic examination of the scene. Gardai are appealing for witnesses and said their investigation is focusing on preparing a report for the local coroner. Adverse weather conditions at the time of the crash, including heavy downpours at the scene when first responders arrived, will be considered as part of the inquiry. Read More Support for Clonmel students will be in place for as long as needed – minister Locals grieve after one of worst tragedies to befall Co Tipperary town Leaving Cert students had received ‘excellent’ exam results hours before fatal crash Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live
2023-08-28 12:53

Western weapons, growing experience harden Ukrainian air defenses against renewed Russian onslaught
Ukraine's air defenses are making great strides in their effort to take down Russian missiles and drones
2023-05-11 15:23

UK Households Better Off as Savings Lift Blunts Mortgage Pain
UK household spending is holding up better than expected partly because returns on savings are rising faster than
2023-07-04 13:29

Justice Department appealing prison sentences given to convicted Oath Keepers members
The Justice Department is appealing the sentences that eight convicted defendants tied to the Oath Keepers received for seditious conspiracy or other conspiracy charges related to their roles in the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.
2023-07-13 10:54

Top longtime Biden aide leaving White House at the end of July
White House director of legislative affairs Louisa Terrell, one of President Joe Biden's longest serving aides, is planning to leave the White House at the end of this month, CNN has learned.
2023-07-14 23:16

How tall is Baby Alien? TikToker once admitted to being a virgin due to his height
Baby Alien said women often looked down upon him because of his height
2023-09-05 15:59
You Might Like...

Mitt Romney’s blistering response to Trump’s damning indictment

China Targets Key Sectors for Private Investment to Boost Growth

Gypsy Blanchard to be released after serving 7 years for mom's murder but accomplice ex-boyfriend's plea denied

Trump Indictment Is Unsealed in Classified Documents Case

Swifties over the moon as Taylor Swift performs surprise set of songs for final Eras Tour show of 2023

American man indicted on murder charges over an attack on 2 US tourists near a German castle

Who are the Moms of Liberty? Conservative parents group apologizes for quoting Adolf Hitler in June 2023 newsletter

Afghanistan: Talks with Taliban helped free four British men