J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
Ukrainian pilots' F-16 training to start in Aug - officials
Ukrainian pilots' F-16 training to start in Aug - officials
By Niklas Pollard, Justyna Pawlak VILNIUS (Reuters) -A coalition of 11 nations will start training Ukrainian pilots to fly F-16
2023-07-11 23:57
Timothee Chalamet and Kylie Jenner are official, but Internet can only talk about one 'ewww' thing
Timothee Chalamet and Kylie Jenner are official, but Internet can only talk about one 'ewww' thing
Timothee Chalamet and Kylie Jenner were seen kissing at a Beyonce concert
2023-09-06 15:18
Altria's NJOY sues 34 e-vapor product makers, seeks damages
Altria's NJOY sues 34 e-vapor product makers, seeks damages
Marlboro maker Altria Group on Thursday said its e-cigarette brand NJOY had filed a suit seeking an injunction
2023-10-20 01:16
Taylor Swift may watch Travis Kelce in third Chiefs game in a row as Minneapolis mayor extends welcome
Taylor Swift may watch Travis Kelce in third Chiefs game in a row as Minneapolis mayor extends welcome
Minneapolis mayor urges Taylor Swift to cheer on Travis Kelce at the Chiefs' game versus the Vikings at US Bank Stadium
2023-10-05 20:52
Marriage equality eludes Japan's same-sex couples
Marriage equality eludes Japan's same-sex couples
Japan offers same-sex couples no clear legal protection, leaving them feeling nearly invisible.
2023-10-03 05:25
Are scorching temperatures taking a toll on your life?
Are scorching temperatures taking a toll on your life?
People across the United States are facing scorching temperatures during the planet's hottest July on record so far.
2023-07-28 06:16
Wisconsin Republican leader blocks pay raises in continuation of DEI fight
Wisconsin Republican leader blocks pay raises in continuation of DEI fight
The Republican speaker of the Wisconsin Assembly is blocking pay raises for University of Wisconsin employees unless the university cuts diversity, equity and inclusion spending by $32 million
2023-09-20 03:54
Ruoning Yin, Nasa Hataoka share lead at LPGA season finale
Ruoning Yin, Nasa Hataoka share lead at LPGA season finale
Ruoning Yin wasn't feel very good about her game before she teed off in the CME Group Tour Championship
2023-11-17 07:20
A famed castle, attempted sex assault and deadly shove: What happened to two American women thrown off Germany cliff?
A famed castle, attempted sex assault and deadly shove: What happened to two American women thrown off Germany cliff?
An idyllic tourist spot in Germany became the site of a shocking tragedy when two American women were thrown over the edge of a steep gorge - allegedly by an American man who sexually assaulted them. German police are investigating an incident which took place Wednesday (15 June) near the famous Neuschwanstein castle. A 30-year-old suspect allegedly attempted to assault the two women before forcing them over a ledge. Both women, ages 21 and 22, were rescued, but the younger one died of her injuries soon after. The victim and alleged assailant have yet to be named. Here’s what we know so far: What happened? On Wednesday afternoon, two American women, aged 21 and 22, were forced off a steep ledge at the Marienbrücke, a pedestrain bridge with sweeping views of the castle, which sits above a high river gorge. “The two tourists met the man on a hiking tour east of the Marienbrücke,” Chief Public Prosecutor Thomas Hörmann told German tabloid Bild. “The man then steered the two under a pretext to a trail that was difficult to see, which leads to a viewpoint,” Bavarian police said in a statement. Once out of sight, the 30-year-old assailant reportedly tried to attack the women, going after the younger woman first, prompting the 22-year-old to try and defend her, police said. “The younger of the two women was attacked by the suspect,” police spokesman Holger Stabik told the AP. “The older one tried to rush to her aid, was then choked by the suspect and subsequently pushed down a slope. ” After that, the man made an “attempted sexual offence” on the 21-year-old and pushed her over the ledge as well, DW reports. Who are the victims? Officials haven’t released the names of those involved in the incident. On Thursday, a spokesperson for the US Embassy did not confirm or deny whether those involved in the attack are Americans. “The U.S. Consulate in Munich is monitoring the situation closely and is in contact with authorities. Due to privacy considerations, we are unable to comment further at this time,” officials told The Daily Beast. How were they rescued? Due to the harsh terrain around the gorge, specially trained members of the Alpine Task Force were involved in the attempted rescue of both women. Witness Eric Abneri, a recent business graduate from the University of Pittsburgh who witnessed the incident, said he and friends arrived at the scenic overlook as a helicopter arrived and they saw rescuers lower themselves down to the victims. “I’m honestly absolutely stunned someone is still alive from this. It is like falling from the top of an absolute cliff,” he said. Mr Abneri described it as “a very, very difficult rescue because of those cliffs and because the helicopter came mere feet above the tree line at the top of the hill.” “They did an unbelievable job,” he said. The 21-year-old woman died of her injuries overnight. Who is the alleged attacker? Bavarian police said the attacker was a 30-year-old US national, DW reports. Bystander video posted online showed police leading away a handcuffed, bearded man in a T-shirt, jeans and a baseball cap. How was suspect captured? The suspect was caught after a massive police operation involving 25 emergency vehicles on Wednesday afternoon and taken to a police station in nearby Fuessen. Are police pressing charges? The American suspect is in a German correctional facility, as officials investigate the attack as a potential sexual offence, murder, and attempted murder. “The allegation is not yet established,” prosecutor Thomas Hörmann told DW. Kempten criminal police are leading the investigation, and are asking those with knowledge of the incident to get in contact with them. What is Neuschwanstein castle? Neuschwanstein castle, nestled near the Austrian border, was built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria, with construction beginning in 1869. The towering estate is one of Germany‘s most popular tourist attractions and is said to have been the inspiration for various Disney castles. Read More American woman dead after man ‘throws two tourists off bridge’ at German fairytale castle
2023-06-16 19:58
France tells rioters to go home
France tells rioters to go home
President Macron is fervently hoping the protesters give up and go home soon. For so many reasons.
2023-07-03 11:27
Artificial intelligence technology behind ChatGPT was built in Iowa -- with a lot of water
Artificial intelligence technology behind ChatGPT was built in Iowa -- with a lot of water
As they race to capitalize on a craze for generative AI, leading tech developers including Microsoft, OpenAI and Google have acknowledged that growing demand for their AI tools carries hefty costs, from expensive semiconductors to an increase in water consumption
2023-09-09 21:23
Brit mum in car with six family members among dead in France horror crash
Brit mum in car with six family members among dead in France horror crash
A British mother is among the victims of a fatal crash in France on Sunday, authorities have said. The collision took place on the A26 motorway, south of Lens in northern France. At least three people lost their lives in the crash which involved 17 people, including eight children. Three cars were involved in the accident and over 65 firefighters attended the scene. The British mother, aged 40, was in a van with six members of her family. She died instantly. In the second car, a 75-year-old woman and a 45-year-old man died and could not be resuscitated, according to Le Sud Ouest. Two other passengers, a 14-year-old boy and a 79-year-old man, were transported by helicopter to the Lille University Hospital and the Arras hospital center. Four passengers were in the third car, including three children. They were slightly injured in the crash but were not taken to hospital. An emergency services spokesperson said: “Three people are dead and dozens injured, including many children. A van with a British family of seven people on board was one of the three vehicles involved in the crash. “A 40-year-old British woman died instantly, along with two others travelling in another vehicle. The other passengers – aged between six and 48 – were taken to hospital in Cambrai and Arras.” More to follow... Read More West African nations threaten to use force if Niger's president isn't reinstated within a week Europe's economy shows modest growth after months of stagnation as rate hikes weigh on businesses As regional and global powers decry Niger's coup, the country's future remains uncertain
2023-07-31 18:25