J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
From Laura Prepon to Shakira, all the women Tom Cruise has been linked to amid Hayley Atwell rumors
From Laura Prepon to Shakira, all the women Tom Cruise has been linked to amid Hayley Atwell rumors
Tom Cruise was rumored to have dated a string of actresses after he separated from Katie Holmes in 2012
2023-05-29 21:17
California enacts first state tax on guns, ammunition in US
California enacts first state tax on guns, ammunition in US
By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES California Governor Gavin Newsom on Tuesday signed into law a first-in-the-nation state excise
2023-09-27 09:30
Earthquakes kill over 2,000 in Afghanistan. People are freeing the dead and injured with their hands
Earthquakes kill over 2,000 in Afghanistan. People are freeing the dead and injured with their hands
A Taliban government spokesperson says the death toll from strong earthquakes that shook western Afghanistan has jumped to more than 2,000
2023-10-08 16:49
Real estate industry facing pushback to longstanding rules setting agent commissions on home sales
Real estate industry facing pushback to longstanding rules setting agent commissions on home sales
A series of court challenges are seeking to upend longstanding real estate industry practices that determine the commissions agents receive on the sale of a home — and who foots the bill
2023-11-02 04:20
'You affected this whole city': Judge chastises 3 teens found guilty in carjacking death of Linda Frickey
'You affected this whole city': Judge chastises 3 teens found guilty in carjacking death of Linda Frickey
Linda Frickey's arm severed from her body while being dragged as she got tangled in her car's seatbelt
2023-11-24 03:52
Federal court halts Florida’s drag ban, calling it attempt to ‘suppress the speech’ rights of performers
Federal court halts Florida’s drag ban, calling it attempt to ‘suppress the speech’ rights of performers
A federal court temporarily halted Florida’s controversial restrictions on drag performances, warning the law was overbroad and could risk infringing on free speech rights. The SB1438 law, signed in May by Republican governor Ron DeSantis, is “dangerously susceptible to standardless, overbroad enforcement which could sweep up substantial protected speech,” US judge Gregory Presnell wrote in his ruling. Far from a neutral attempt to protect children, as its backers have sometimes claimed, the law is an admitted attempt to “specifically suppress the speech of drag queen performers,” Judge Presnell wrote. The governor’s office told Reuters the ruling was “dead wrong.” “Of course it’s constitutional to prevent the sexualization of children by limiting access to adult live performances,” spokesperson Jeremy Redfern said. The suit against the state comes from Hamburger Mary’s, a restaurant chain that features family-friendly drag performances. An Orlando franchise of the restaurant filed suit in May. It claimed the law, which levies criminal penalties at food establishment for admitting children to an “adult live performance,” would “explicitly restrict or chill speech and expression protected by the First Amendment.” “This bill has nothing to do with children, and everything to do with the continued oppression of the LGBTQ+ community,” Hamburger Mary’s Orlando wrote in a Facebook post. Florida governor Ron DeSantis has made limiting the rights of LGBTQ+ people a key part of his agenda, signing bills that restrict gender-affirming care, protections for trans people in schools, and access to youth education on gender and sexuality. This month, courts struck down a Florida rule and statute banning Medicaid payments for transgender healthcare, and partially blocked a state law banning people under 18 from getting gender-affirming medicine. Earlier this month, a federal judge in Tennessee declared the state’s drag ban to be “unconstitutionally vague and substantially overbroad.” “There is no question that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment,” Judge Thomas Parker wrote. “But there is a difference between material that is ‘obscene’ in the vernacular, and material that is ‘obscene’ under the law.” “Simply put, no majority of the Supreme Court has held that sexually explicit — but not obscene — speech receives less protection than political, artistic, or scientific speech.” Read More Trump faces questions about whether he'll drag down the Republican Party after his indictments Group with Nazi flags protest outside Florida children’s museum days after similar stunt at Disney World Here are the restrictions on transgender people that are moving forward in US states Florida's law targeting drag shows is on hold under federal judge's order Evangelical leader hopes conference is 'testosterone booster shot' for anti-abortion 2024 candidates Trump, DeSantis interviews show Fox influence on GOP field still strong despite troubled year
2023-06-24 07:28
California school district at center of earlier controversy is sued over critical race theory ban
California school district at center of earlier controversy is sued over critical race theory ban
A Southern California school board at odds with state officials and local residents this summer over its rejection of social studies curriculum that includes gay rights is now being sued regarding a different policy decision.
2023-08-04 07:48
Watch live: Hundreds gather in Berlin for Israel solidarity demo at Brandenburg Gate
Watch live: Hundreds gather in Berlin for Israel solidarity demo at Brandenburg Gate
Watch live as hundreds of Israel supporters are expected to participate in a rally at Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate on Sunday 22 October. The protest, entitled “Standing up against terror, hatred and antisemitism - in solidarity and compassion with Israel,” has been organised by Germany’s Central Council of Jews, political parties, unions and civil society. Demonstrations are continuing across Europe, a day after 100,000 people marched in a pro-Palestine rally in London. The British government on Sunday said it will speak to the Metropolitan Police about its decision not to act over a video showing protesters chanting “Jihad” on the streets of the capital, a Cabinet minister has said. No offences were identified in a video of a Hizb ut-Tahrir protest showing a man chanting “Jihad”. Immigration minister Robert Jenrick said “a lot of people” will find the Met’s analysis “surprising”, adding: “That’s something that we intend to raise with them and to discuss this incident with them.” A video posted on social media shows a man speaking into a microphone in front of a banner reading “Muslim Armies! Rescue the People of Palestine”, with the name of the group “Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain” on it. Read More Chancellor Scholz voices outrage at antisemitic agitation in Germany 'of all places' Rabbi who lost family in West Bank shooting ‘feels safer in Israel than the UK’ A jury is deliberating the case of a man accused of killing a New Hampshire couple on a hiking trail
2023-10-22 20:15
F1 drivers must change tires at least every 18 laps at the Qatar Grand Prix over safety concerns
F1 drivers must change tires at least every 18 laps at the Qatar Grand Prix over safety concerns
Formula One drivers will have to change tires at least every 18 laps in the Qatar Grand Prix
2023-10-08 23:58
Macy's slashes expectations for the year after a pullback by shoppers in the spring
Macy's slashes expectations for the year after a pullback by shoppers in the spring
Macy’s slashed its annual profit and sales outlook with sales weakening sales in the first quarter during an increasingly challenging economic environment, including stubbornly high inflation
2023-06-01 19:55
How is Bryan Randall's death from ALS inspiring hope? Sandra Bullock says she's 'grateful' something positive came out it
How is Bryan Randall's death from ALS inspiring hope? Sandra Bullock says she's 'grateful' something positive came out it
Bryan Randall, who met Sandra Bullock in 2015, died on August 5 after a three-year battle with ALS
2023-08-26 18:23
Bill Cosby accusers seek to expand time frames for lawsuits by sex-assault victims
Bill Cosby accusers seek to expand time frames for lawsuits by sex-assault victims
A group of women who accused Bill Cosby of sexual assault and were dismayed when he had his conviction overturned and left prison are trying again to seek justice in the courts
2023-06-16 09:26