J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
Choice Hotels offers nearly $8 billion for larger rival Wyndham Hotels & Resorts as travel booms
Choice Hotels offers nearly $8 billion for larger rival Wyndham Hotels & Resorts as travel booms
Choice Hotels International is asking shareholders of rival chain Wyndham Hotels & Resorts to sign off on a buyout worth nearly $8 billion after Wyndham broke off negotiations
2023-10-17 20:53
Freddie Mercury's private collection goes on show in UK
Freddie Mercury's private collection goes on show in UK
From fanciful costumes and working drafts of "Bohemian Rhapsody" to ashtrays and art, hundreds of items Freddie Mercury owned go on show in Britain on...
2023-08-04 08:17
Griner's WNBA return not a fairytale, but there were still plenty of joyful moments
Griner's WNBA return not a fairytale, but there were still plenty of joyful moments
Brittney Griner’s return to the WNBA after nearly 10 months in a Russian prison hasn’t always been the smoothest ride
2023-09-09 13:28
Mark Rylance says he initially took a ‘distilled garlic solution’ instead of Covid vaccine
Mark Rylance says he initially took a ‘distilled garlic solution’ instead of Covid vaccine
Mark Rylance has revealed “alarm bells” rang for him when the British population was encouraged to get the Covid vaccine in 2021. In a new interview, Rylance, 63, said he wasn’t convinced he needed the vaccine, adding that “science started to sound like religion” during the pandemic. Speaking to The Sunday Times, the Dunkirk star explained he relied on taking a “very distilled garlic solution”, along with vitamin C. “And I sailed through Jerusalem,” he said. Rylance reprised one of his most well-known roles, as Johnny “Rooster” Byron, in last year’s revival of the 2009 Jez Butterworth play Jerusalem. He told the publication he finally took the Covid vaccine when he travelled to visit his father in the US. Rylance’s comments were made in the context of his forthcoming play Dr Semmelweis, based on the life of maverick Hungarian doctor Ignaz Semmelweis. The British actor reportedly wrote Dr Semmelweis with playwright Stephen Brown before the pandemic began. Rylance said he was researching alternative cancer treatments at the time, adding that he’s sceptical about the effects of chemotherapy. He recalled how a friend allegedly “broke up the cells of a tumour” by using the vibrations from a Tibetan sound bowl. Rylance added: “The body knows how to heal itself. “We don’t need to go in and bombard it with poison. It’s like bombing a city to try and get rid of a little sect of terrorists. You may wipe them all out, but you’re going to breed 25 or 30 [more].” Earlier this month, Rylance revealed that his brother, Jonathan Waters, had died in a cycling accident, aged 60. “I am so sorry to tell you that on the 28 May, my dear brother Jonathan Waters was knocked from his bicycle and tragically died of his injuries,” the statement read. Rylance, who was very close to Waters, said the loss made him question the point of life. “It just makes everything that follows a little bleak. But also that hollowness can be a positive thing, a kind of grail or cup or vessel,” he continued. Rylance also said he believes in life after death, adding: “I think you really can have a very healthy conversation with a soul who has passed over.” The actor said he has spoken to his late grandmother and step-daughter Nataasha van Kampen, using a medium. He admitted that while his views may not be conventional or mainstream, but “don’t cause any harm”. Dr Semmelweis opens at the West End this Thursday 27 June. Read More Billy Nomates asks BBC to take down Glastonbury footage after wave of ‘personal abuse’ Guns N’ Roses review, Glastonbury 2023: Frontrunners for the worst Glasto headline set of all time Wes Anderson took a cast of stars to the Spanish desert and made his best film in years Too cool to love these acts 10 years ago? This year’s Glastonbury is for you Yellowstone creator Taylor Sheridan breaks silence on Kevin Costner’s dramatic exit
2023-06-25 21:47
The US is the world's biggest corn exporter - but for how long?
The US is the world's biggest corn exporter - but for how long?
The US could soon lose its title as the world's biggest exporter of the crop, which could have global consequences.
2023-07-07 09:29
Stocks in Asia rise, dollar slips as traders eye US inflation data
Stocks in Asia rise, dollar slips as traders eye US inflation data
By Ankur Banerjee SINGAPORE Asian shares rose, while the dollar slipped to a two-month low on Wednesday ahead
2023-07-12 14:16
Five teens arrested for beating three Marines in brutal video
Five teens arrested for beating three Marines in brutal video
Five teenagers were arrested in connection with the beating of three US Marines by a crowd of young people they had asked to stop lighting fireworks. The violent incident, which was captured on video, took place at Southern California‘s San Clemente Pier over Memorial Day weekend. The suspects, four of whom are boys and one girl, face felony charges of assault with a deadly weapon, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department. The city also says that four other local students were identified and have been citied with misdemeanour assault charges. First responders gave medical aid to two Marines, who refused to go to the hospital, and investigators later found a third Marine who had also been attacked. The video seemingly shows that the incident started when a teenage male punched a man in the back of the head. The man then charged the teenager before being surrounded by a group of people who hit him until the fight was broken up by a man and woman. One of the Marines, Hunter Antonino, told KCAL that he and his two friends were at the pier when 30 teenagers arrived and began to set off fireworks He said that when he was hit in the face by debris he asked the group to leave. “They were lighting off fireworks, they were being belligerent, they were being obnoxious and annoying other people, so I went up to them and told them to stop,” he said. San Clemente mayor Chris Duncan told The Los Angeles Times that the incident was unacceptable. “The barbaric assault on off-duty Marines at the San Clemente Pier goes against everything we stand for in San Clemente, and it’s no excuse that teenagers were involved,” he said. “I want to assure our community, especially our military and veteran community, that we take this matter with the utmost seriousness and will not tolerate this kind of behavior in our city. The fact that this incident occurred over Memorial Day weekend is particularly tragic.” Read More Video shows mob attack US marines who asked them to stop lighting fireworks Highly decorated Marine officer nominated to be next commandant Critics say Biden is lying about how his son Beau died in Iraq – they are ignoring the full story
2023-06-01 07:54
DOJ issues scathing rebuke of Bureau of Prisons detailing multiple failures that led to Jeffrey Epstein's suicide
DOJ issues scathing rebuke of Bureau of Prisons detailing multiple failures that led to Jeffrey Epstein's suicide
The Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General on Tuesday issued a scathing rebuke of the Bureau of Prisons detailing the multiple failures that led to the death of high-profile financier Jeffrey Epstein following his arrest in 2019 but found no evidence to contradict the "absence of criminality" in his death.
2023-06-27 22:54
Trump was untamed and untruthful in CNN's town hall -- and some of his fans love him even more
Trump was untamed and untruthful in CNN's town hall -- and some of his fans love him even more
Former President Donald Trump offered America a throwback to past national angst and a possible future of even greater drama in a CNN town hall on Wednesday.
2023-05-11 13:49
Bizarre ‘serial litterer’ covering Brooklyn street with old books exposed as NYPD sergeant
Bizarre ‘serial litterer’ covering Brooklyn street with old books exposed as NYPD sergeant
After years of speculation and observation, residents of a leafy section of Brooklyn managed to discover that a veteran New York police officer was behind a string of bizarre littering incidents on a street in Greenpoint. “Now, I’m sure we all have random papers in our weekly recycling bin,” one resident wrote on the local site Greenpointers. “But I need to stress to those who have yet to experience this phenomenon with their own eyes the SHEER VOLUME of papers floating down the street. It looks like the work of someone with an enormous collection of old books who spends their weekend tearing apart pages before scattering them in the wind.” Residents told Gothamist that for years on end, they would wake to find find pile after pile of meticulously sliced book pages strewn across Noble Street, ranging from selections of the Bible to 1970s porn magazines to a book on Greco-Roman art. “Sometimes things would be underlined or highlighted on the pages, and we would try to figure out if there was a message,” former block association president Molly FitzSimons told the outlet. “We really could not imagine who would do this … It was just this shadowy mystery.” “It made me just feel compassion for this person who clearly was processing something difficult.” Others didn’t take so kindly to the document dumps. Neighbours began actively trying to catch the person they dubbed the “book bandit,” with one resident deploying their surveillance camera to the effort, and another arranging for a private security firm to stake out the street in the hopes of catching the serial litterer. Security footage obtained by WNYC shows the man in action, driving slowly in the dark and dumping an armful of paper into the road. Eventually, the citizen efforts helped yield a licence plate number, prompting the NYPD to investigate Sergeant John Trzcinski, a veteran officer who joined the force in 1994 and earned $177,516, according to public records. When asked about the littering allegations, the NYPD directed The Independent to a database of disciplinary actions, which showed Sergeant Trzcinski was disciplined on 30 May for littering, losing a vacation day. The Independent has contacted the officer and the police union for comment. The city Department of Sanitation confirmed to Gothamist that Sergeant Trzcinski, who lives in Long Island, hasn’t been fined for littering or illegal dumping. Litterers need to be caught in the act by police or sanitation personnel, and the bundles of papers Sergeant Trzcinski left in the street weren’t large enough to qualify as illegal dumping. Sergeant Trzcinski has been awarded multiple awards for police service, and hasn’t been previously disciplined, according to public records. Read More Veteran police official Edward Caban becomes first Latino to head the NYPD Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect named as Rex Heuermann after arrest for Long Island murders New York City's Rikers Island, facing possible federal takeover, found violating safety standards
2023-07-21 01:51
Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin’s troops ‘feeling fatigue’ on frontline as another drone strike hits Moscow
Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin’s troops ‘feeling fatigue’ on frontline as another drone strike hits Moscow
A skyscraper in Moscow was the target of a drone attack for the second time in two days, as Volodymyr Zelensky warned Vladimir Putin the "war is returning" to Russia. Russia’s defence ministry claimed its anti-aircraft units downed drones headed for Moscow, but one of them ended up hitting the same high-rise building that was struck last Sunday. Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said that while the attack damaged the facade of the skyscraper’s 21st floor, it didn’t cause any injuries. Ukraine almost never publicly claims responsibility for attacks inside Russia or on Russian-controlled territory in Ukraine, but has increasingly highlighted how destroying Russia’s military infrastructure helps Kyiv’s counteroffensive. This comes as a 10-year-old girl and her mother were among at least six people killed after two Russian ballistic missiles struck an apartment complex and a university building in Zelensky’s hometown yesterday. At least 75 people were injured in the attack on Kyryvi Rih, as Zelensky called it an act of Russian “terror”. The head of Zelensky’s office, Andriy Yermak said the “Russian army is barraging Kherson” and targetting residential areas, adding that four people had been killed and 17 injured in the city. Read More Drones, military confusion and cracks in Putin’s authority: Ukraine’s push to sow discord in Russia’s ranks UK sanctions Moscow judges after British-Russian dissident Vladimir Kara-Murza’s appeal rejected Ukraine says Russian missiles hit another apartment building and likely trapped people under rubble
2023-08-01 17:45
Why did a Florida girl fake her friend's kidnapping? Girl, 11, gets arrested over 'fake abduction report'
Why did a Florida girl fake her friend's kidnapping? Girl, 11, gets arrested over 'fake abduction report'
The girl told cops that her 14-year-old friend was kidnapped by a man with a gun who was driving a white van
2023-07-28 07:49