J3N Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, You Can Stay Informed and Connected to the World.
⎯ 《 Just 3 N : New News Now 》
MLB reschedules 3 Sunday games in California because of the forecast for Hurricane Hilary
MLB reschedules 3 Sunday games in California because of the forecast for Hurricane Hilary
Major League Baseball has rescheduled three Sunday games in California because of the forecast for Hurricane Hilary
2023-08-19 06:48
Swifties say it's Travis Kelce's 'turn to reciprocate' amid reports of his Argentina travel plan to support Taylor Swift
Swifties say it's Travis Kelce's 'turn to reciprocate' amid reports of his Argentina travel plan to support Taylor Swift
Travis Kelce's schedule is clear as the Kansas City Chiefs do not have any matches until November 9, allowing him to visit Taylor Swift in Argentina
2023-11-09 17:55
AP Election Brief | What to expect in Mississippi's state primaries
AP Election Brief | What to expect in Mississippi's state primaries
Tuesday is primary day in Mississippi
2023-08-04 19:18
K-pop to the rescue? S. Korea all-in for scout jamboree closing concert
K-pop to the rescue? S. Korea all-in for scout jamboree closing concert
Tens of thousands of scouts are set to gather for a massive K-pop festival in Seoul on Friday, as South Korea seeks to salvage a problem-plagued jamboree...
2023-08-11 14:50
Donald Trump confirms he will skip Republican presidential debates
Donald Trump confirms he will skip Republican presidential debates
The US ex-president says he is far ahead of his rivals in the 2024 White House race and the public knows him.
2023-08-21 13:51
Too much information? Jason Isbell believes opening your life to fans builds a stronger bond
Too much information? Jason Isbell believes opening your life to fans builds a stronger bond
If Jason Isbell is keeping many more secrets, it's hard to imagine what they might be
2023-06-05 23:51
CDC is among federal agencies investigating the death of a 3-year-old asylum-seeker who was on a Texas-sponsored bus to Chicago
CDC is among federal agencies investigating the death of a 3-year-old asylum-seeker who was on a Texas-sponsored bus to Chicago
A 3-year-old migrant girl who was on a Texas-sponsored bus to Chicago died last week, prompting investigations by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other agencies, authorities said.
2023-08-18 09:50
North Korea's Kim orders sharp increase in missile production, days before US-South Korea drills
North Korea's Kim orders sharp increase in missile production, days before US-South Korea drills
North Korean state media say leader Kim Jong Un has again toured munitions factories and has ordered a drastic increase in production of missiles and other weapons
2023-08-14 15:28
Australia state visit to feature talk of submarines and tech partnerships — and a lavish dinner
Australia state visit to feature talk of submarines and tech partnerships — and a lavish dinner
President Joe Biden is hosting Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese for a state visit that's intended to deepen the partnership between the two allies
2023-10-25 17:26
Revealed: Scandal of healthy mental health patients trapped in hospitals for years
Revealed: Scandal of healthy mental health patients trapped in hospitals for years
Mental health patients have been left languishing in hospitals for years due to a chronic shortage in community care, as the number of people trapped on wards hits a record high, The Independent can reveal. Analysis shows 3,213 patients were stuck on units for more than three months last year, including 325 children kept in adult units. Of those a “deeply concerning” number have been deemed well enough to leave but have nowhere to go. One of these cases was Ben Craig, 34, who says he was left “scarred” after being stranded on a ward for two years – despite being fit enough to leave – because two councils fought over who should pay for his supported housing. He missed his daughter's birth and didn’t meet her until she was two months old while waiting to be discharged, which only exacerbated his depression. He told The Independent: “I was promised I was going to be moving on, but it just seemed like it went on forever.” The average stay for patients in low-security hospitals was 833 days in 2022-23. The NHS does not collect data on how long people are waiting to be discharged, but mental health charity Mind said Mr Craig’s case was far from unique. Leaked reports, obtained by The Independent, also reveal NHS community services are struggling to see patients, while the NHS is spending hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to house those who could be discharged. Documents for 2022-23 obtained and analysed by The Independent reveal: Adult mental health beds cost the NHS between £500 and £1,000 a day, compared to £5,000 per patient per year for community care One in five referrals for community care was rejected as the NHS battles a 12 per cent staff vacancy rate Patients waited 13 weeks on average to see a community mental health worker, but some waited up to 60 weeks The 3,213 patients stuck for more than three months was an increase of 639 on the year before and an all-time high, according to an analysis of NHS data In August, 10 per cent of patients were waiting 221 days to start community treatment One in 10 patients under a community mental health team did not see a healthcare worker for a year Saffron Cordery, deputy chief executive for NHS Providers, which represents hospitals, told The Independent mental health patients stuck in hospitals were experiencing “personal distress” and getting ill again while they wait. She called on the government to put mental health on an “equal foot” to physical care and said not doing so suggested the government was content not to treat all patients equally. One senior NHS source said long stays in mental health units had become “normalised” and patients were becoming institutionalised. “These 60 and 90 [days] stayers are just being medicated and drifting. They’re adjusting meds to stabilise the person ... These long-stays people can get completely dependent, they lose contact with the world [and] their life, They’re terrible for people,” they said. ‘Robbed’ Mr Craig was admitted to Prestwich Hospital in September 2019 with psychosis from prison after his mental health deteriorated and he began hearing voices. In 2020 he was told by doctors he was well enough to be discharged home after his sentence ended. However, he then had two years of his life “robbed” as two councils rowed over who should fund the mental health hostel he needed to be discharged into to support his recovery. He was eventually discharged into supported living in September 2022 where he still receives mental health support. Mr Craig, who now lives in Manchester, told The Independent: “I was very depressed, I am still not over it properly yet. When I was there, I just didn’t want to go out or anything, so just stayed in my bed all the time. “I missed my daughter’s birth, and I didn’t see her until she was two months old ... it’s left me scarred.” Even when he was finally discharged into supported living accommodation he says the community mental health team had “no input” into his care and says he was still struggling to get in contact with his community service team. Rheian Davies, head of Mind’s legal unit, told The Independent that cases like Mr Craig’s showed councils were failing in their legal duty to fund mental health support in the community. She said the charity had seen patients with longer discharge delays than Mr Craig’s due to this problem. “It’s deeply concerning that people are finding themselves stuck in hospital, their lives on hold, due to a lack of supported housing,” she said. “Delays in leaving hospital cause uncertainty and anxiety that can hamper or even reverse recovery. “This takes a huge emotional toll on the person and their loved ones, but the delay in discharge also means there are fewer beds available for people experiencing mental health crises.” She added that patients “deserve much better than being held indefinitely in hospital settings when they are well enough to return to the community”. Ms Davies said: “This case [Mr Craig’s] is a real opportunity to reduce the delays and hurdles caused by a disjointed system.” Greater Manchester University Hospital said: “We work hard with all our system partners to ensure where patients are ready for discharge, they can do so as quickly as it is safe to do so.” Abena Oppong-Asare, Labour’s shadow mental health minister, said The Independent’s exposé showed NHS mental health services were “in crisis”. She added: “The Independent investigation reveals the appalling reality that patients are being left in hospital for months, when community care can be far more effective and less expensive for the NHS.” As part of its election manifesto pledges, Labour has promised to recruit 8,500 more mental health professionals, paid for through plans to abolish “tax loopholes for private equity fund managers and tax breaks for private schools”. The Department of Health and Social Care said in 2021-22 an additional £116m was invested in the NHS for mental health discharges and that it will have invested £1bn more in the sector by March 2024. An NHS England spokesperson said: “There is no doubt mental health services are under significant pressure, with the NHS treating record numbers of young people and community crisis services seeing a 30 per cent increase in referrals compared to before the pandemic, and NHS urgent and emergency care also treating record numbers.” Read More Friends target rowing world record to raise awareness of mental health challenge Women in mental health crisis being jailed in prisons deemed ‘unfit for purpose’ Suspect in fatal Hawaii nurse stabbing pleaded guilty last year to assaulting mental health worker The Priory hospital fined £140k after woman dies on ‘utter shambles’ ward Dumped in A&E and left untreated for 5 days: Shameful plight of vulnerable patients Anger over Tory minister’s ‘disgraceful’ Scotland heroin jibe
2023-11-26 03:24
xQc unleashes fiery verbal assault on Kai Cenat as fan meet takes shocking turn: ‘He’s miniature’
xQc unleashes fiery verbal assault on Kai Cenat as fan meet takes shocking turn: ‘He’s miniature’
Kai Cenat recently took a trip to Japan and was livestreaming while roaming the streets
2023-07-16 12:55
Man, 98, charged as accessory to murder at Nazi concentration camp
Man, 98, charged as accessory to murder at Nazi concentration camp
A 98-year-old man has been charged as an accessory to murder at a Nazi concentration camp in Germany. The man, who has not been named, is alleged to have “supported the cruel and malicious killing of thousands of prisoners as a member of the SS guard detail” at Sachsenhausen concentration camp between 1943 and 1945. In operation from 1936 until April 1945, Sachsenhausen – also known as Sachsenhausen-Oranienburg – was a labour camp known for its medical experimentation area. After the end of the Second World War, when the area was Sovient-occupied, it was used by the secret police agency the NKVD, later renamed the KGB, as a special camp. More than 200,000 prisoners were held at Sachsenhausen between 1936 and 1945, where tens of thousands died of starvation, disease and forced labour alongside medical experiments and SS extermination operations, including shootings, hangings and gassing. Though the exact figures vary, upper estimates suggest 100,000 people died at Sachsenhausen. The accused man is a resident of the county of Main-Kinzig, near Frankfurt, and is charged with over 3,300 counts of being an accessory to murder between July 1943 and February 1945. Filed at the state court in Hanau, prosecutors will now decide whether to send the case to trial. Should the case move forward, the man will be tried under juvenile law to take into account his age at the time of his alleged crimes, with a psychiatric expert adding that the suspect is fit to stand trial at least on a “limited basis”. In recent years, German prosecutors have brought several cases to allow for those that helped Nazi camps to function to be prosecuted as an accessory to murder. In 2021, 96-year-old Irmgard Furchner was caught shortly after going on the run ahead of a court hearing on charges of committing war crimes during World War Two. The next year, Furchner was handed a two-year-old suspended sentence for aiding and abetting the murder of 10,505 people and for the attempted murder of five people during her time working as a stenographer and typist at Stutthof concentration camp. She was accused of being part of the accessory to the function of the camp, where she was alleged to have “aided and abetted those in charge in the systematic killing of those imprisoned there”. In July 2020, a court in Hamburg convicted 93-year-old Nazi camp guard Bruno Dey of being an accessory to murder over his time spent at Stutthof concentration camp during the final months of the Second World War. He was handed a two-year suspended sentence after being convicted of 5,232 counts of accessory to murder - equal to the number of people believed to have been killed at Stutthof during his time there in 1944 and 1945. Read More Teenage neo-Nazi defaced Windrush mural and had ‘race war’ fantasies, court told Former RAF cadet defaced Windrush mural with Nazi symbols ‘Neo-Nazi’ ex-prison officer jailed for possessing terrorist handbook Footage of Holocaust miracle rescue unearthed for the first time Putin puts ‘Satan II’ nuclear missile ‘on combat duty’ as Kyiv launches drone strikes Drone attacks inside Putin’s Russia will only increase, says senior Ukraine official Billionaires want to build a new city in rural California. They must convince voters first
2023-09-02 02:59